Search for content in message boards

Benjamin Washington Beard (Baird)

Benjamin Washington Beard (Baird)

Posted: 9 Apr 2008 8:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baird, Beard, Beaird, Phillips, Norwood, Blevins, Mullinax, Mullenax
I am looking for information on Benjamin Washington Beard (Baird). He was born in 1787 in North Carolina and married Nancy Phillips on 28 December 1808. In 1820 they resided in Capt. Campbells District, Morgan County, Georgia. I have the Census records for 1820, 1830, 1840, and 1850.

I have been unable to trace his father and mother, other than their names being Edmond Beard and Keziah.

Any information on the parents of either Benjamin Washington Beard or Nancy Phillips would be greatly appreciated. My lineage runs through their son, Hiram B. Baird, Jr. who was born in Greene Co, Georgia on 4 April 1813 and died at Arley, Winston Co, Alabama.

I can supply some information along that line if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the assistance!

Re: Benjamin Washington Beard (Baird)

Posted: 25 Aug 2008 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: Beard, Baird, Beaird, McCowen
Hi,
I am a descendant of Benjamin Washington Beard and his second wife, Ellender (Elindor) McCowen through their daughter, Henrietta A. Beard. I knew that Nancy Phillips and Benjamin had one son,William P. Beard, born about 1819, and figured they must have had other children given that they were married in 1808. I believe Nancy died around 1822. Benjamin died March 17, 1852,in Morgan County, Georgia, per the information on this website http://www.balcro.com/beaird.html

I have been trying to find the parents of Benjamin W. Beard. I didn't have any concrete proof that his parents were Keziah and Edmond though I did have them as a possibility.

I don't have any additional information to offer other than the fact that the name is also spelled Beaird.

Thanks,

Lisa

Re: Benjamin Washington Beard (Baird)

Posted: 5 Jul 2012 12:32AM GMT
were very interested in exchanging information on Hiram Baird Born 1813, Married to Lucinda Norwood who is my great great grandfather. His grand daughter is my grandmother, Mary A Baird Short. Any inforamtion we could exchange would be great.
Thank you very much
Marie and Darlene
per page

Find a board about a specific topic