Search for content in message boards

looking for davenport ancestors

looking for davenport ancestors

Posted: 4 Jul 2004 8:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Aug 2004 9:27PM GMT
looking for walter leonard davenport seniors parents all my husband has is he was born in pleasant hill kentucky but refuses to give name of his parents .they came from kentucky if anyone knows this family e mail me at sue34492@aol.com

Re: looking for davenport ancestors

kelley davenport jr (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2005 2:36AM GMT
i am still trying to research my husbands davenport ancestory, all we have to go by is we found out my husbands name is walter davenport jr and his grandfathers name is bufford davenport who was married to mamie claibourne.
apparently all this line of davenports came from around the pleasant hill kentucky area.if anyone has any known where abouts of this davenport family please feel free to e mail me .

Re: looking for davenport ancestors

Posted: 17 Sep 2007 9:53PM GMT
still looking for my husbands davenport family.
we don't have alot to go on. here is what we have

my husbands fathers name is walter leonard davenport sr. his fathers name is norman buford davenport married to mamie claybourne.
all we know is that norman and his wife may be buried somewhere in kentucky.
normans father was joseph davenport.
he was married to
elizabeth huffines
josephs father was henry davenport and was married to hannah cassity
these davenports came from tennessee, but have no other information on this family.
if anyone knows of this davenport line. we would like to hear from you.
e mail us at waltyou43@comcast.net

Re: looking for Davenport ancestors

Posted: 9 Oct 2008 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: Davenport,Sloan,Wright
My father was born in Kentucky,Louisville, 1910, his name was Preston Dewey Davenport,he married my Mother Esther Marie Wright,I know nothing about my father's back ground , he would never talk about it,other than his Dad's name was Milton Davenport,and his mothers' name was Dasiy Sloan. I belive they had seven children. I am looking for any information on this family,Please help me if you can.

Thank you

Posted: 10 Oct 2008 6:16PM GMT
There is a tree on Ancestry World Tree with your DAVENPORT family. The sumitter is Phyllis Ray: Raysofsun "at" Lebanon.Total-web.net dated 6/2007 substitute the "at" with @

Name: Daisy Bee SLOAN 1 2 3

Birth: JAN 1888 in Jackson Co., TN 1 2 3
Death: 29 JUN 1960 in Indianapolis, IN 1 2 3

Marriage 1 Milton Isaiah DAVENPORT b: 16 NOV 1886 in Macon Co., TN
Married: 30 NOV 1908 in Jackson Co., TN 1 2 4
Children
Preston DAVENPORT b: 2 APR 1910
Omer (Oma) DAVENPORT b: 12 MAY 1912
Carlos DAVENPORT b: 13 OCT 1914
William Luther (Bud) DAVENPORT b: 14 DEC 1916
Estelle DAVENPORT b: 4 MAR 1919
Otis Millard DAVENPORT b: 4 MAR 1919
Sterling R.V. DAVENPORT b: Private
Lindsley Freeman DAVENPORT b: 26 SEP 1926
James Edward DAVENPORT b: Private
Mai Jewel DAVENPORT b: 27 JAN 1932
Jessie Donald DAVENPORT b: 5 MAR 1934

Good luck in your search.

Maureen

Posted: 10 Oct 2008 8:00PM GMT
Surnames: DAVENPORT-SOLAN
THANK YOU FOR THIS INFORMATION,I WAS VERY SURPRISED . WHAT DO I DO NOW ? HOW DO I SEARCH NOW ? IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE SOMEONE TO HELP WITH THIS JOURNEY,BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START.

AGAIN TAHNK YOU

SHARON DAVENPORT-WAUN

Posted: 30 May 2012 9:57PM GMT
Surnames: Davenport
Hello! Here is all I can figure out so far...
My father, Norman Edward Davenport is the son of Luther Milton Davenport, whom is the son of Milton I Davenport. I have a picture of Luther M Davenport and his wife, beautiful picture of them before he dies at age 25. Just cant figure how to post it. To his info!
Thanks! Adrienne Davenport Reeves (FL)

Posted: 30 May 2012 10:25PM GMT
Surnames: Davenport
Hi Maureen! There is an error on one of the names of Milton I and Daisy Davenport's children ... William Luther (Bud) DAVENPORT b: 14 DEC 1916
His name was Luther Milton (Bud) Davenport ... He is my paternal grandfather, my father's (Norman Edward Davenport) father. It wasn't William Luther per my dad. Bud dies when he was 25 from gang-greene infection. He had a wire whip for his cow or horse and snapped it at one .. A small piece of the wire lodged and broke off into his rib area and he dies 7-8 days later. My dad was only 3.

Posted: 31 May 2012 4:26PM GMT
Surnames: Davenport's - Sloan's
Adrienne, I would love to have any information that you have on The Davenport's. My father was Preston Dewey Davenport,and grandfather was Milton Isaiah Davenport.

Thank you God bless you.

Posted: 31 May 2012 8:38PM GMT
I'll sure try to put some info together and send you what I know. I love the idea of knowing my family!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions