Search for content in message boards

Eliza Bowsher (Boucher) & the Lushington's

Eliza Bowsher (Boucher) & the Lushington's

Posted: 21 Mar 2013 12:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bowsher, Boucher, Lushington
My great grandmother Ellen Bowsher was born to a single mother on the 22nd September 1869. She was then adopted by Edward Young. Appart from Ellen's birth certificate I have found no other trace for her mother Eliza Bowsher.

The family rumour is that she worked for the Lushington family and my great grandmother is probably the fruit of a relationship between Eliza and one of the Lushington boys. However we have no evidence that she worked for them.

I am looking for any possible clues on Eliza Bowsher and if possible her link to the Lushington Family. It would be great to find out where she came from and where she dissapeared to after her daughter was born.

Any help to shine some light on this family mystery would be fantastic!

Thank you.

Re: Eliza Bowsher (Boucher) & the Lushington's

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 7:40AM GMT
Which of your trees includes Eliza?Where in Kent was she born?Did she marry?

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 8:15AM GMT
He is in my Page Family tree.

I have no idea when or where she was born. As far as i know she never married. But other than her daughter's birth certificate i have no information on her.

Her daughter was born in West Malling.

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 12:56AM GMT
Don't see a Page tree on your profile..Was Ellen known as Young?Have you looked at census for either woman?

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 8:13AM GMT

Yes Ellen was later known as young. I have found cencus records for her but havent found anything for Eliza. The only sign i have of her is a copy of Ellen's birth certificate.

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 9:51AM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2013 9:52AM GMT
As you don't have a Page tree,can you post a link to Eliza on a tree?When did Ellen become Young?

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 9:35AM GMT
I do have a page family tree. She became young between 1881 and 1891 according to census records. She was definately born Bowsher and was a Young when she married jonas page on 1900.

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 10:03AM GMT
Edward and Ann Young appear on same page of census in Boxley with Ellen from 1871,appears she may have been left with them and Eliza never returned.
On freebmd.org.uk there is an Eliza Bowsher born 1840 Malling District,then a death in 1879 Medway Registration district.
She appears on 1841,51 and 61,can't see anything for 1871.You can track the family from census including a sister who marries a lodger.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions