Search for content in message boards

Rost/Rosst Family in Miroslav

Rost/Rosst Family in Miroslav

Posted: 23 Apr 2013 1:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rost/Rosst
I have evidence that some family members were born and lived in Miroslav in the 1840's and later in Prussia: Wilhelmine Rost, b. 1849 & Herman Julius Rost, b. 1846 (brother & sister) & their parents: Jacob & Laura Elnora Johanna Rost. They were probably Protestant. Is there any source of information for birth records during that time period? Any census or other source that could tell me more? Maymie

Re: Rost/Rosst Family in Miroslav

Posted: 23 Apr 2013 1:37PM GMT

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 9:06PM GMT
Thank you for the recommendations. I will check them out.
Maymie

Posted: 3 May 2013 11:23PM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2013 11:24PM GMT
I don't know how helpful this will be. I found a Rosst family in a village near Miroslav -- Vaclavov. I have attached two snips. The first one is the index that says there is a Katharine on page 197. The second shows that page. Readers, it's the top entry. Does that say Rosst? And what about the rest of it?

The two urls are:

http://actapublica.eu/matriky/brno/prohlizec/1890/?strana=15...

http://actapublica.eu/matriky/brno/prohlizec/1874/?strana=3

I don't see anything for 1846 and 1849 in the index or in the book for Miroslav.
Attachments:

Posted: 5 May 2013 12:42AM GMT
Thank you for the reply. I have studied this for a while and still find it very hard to understand. Thank you for finding this as I would never have been able to read it. It does confirm the surname being present in Mislitz (German for Miroslav) if I am correct. I do not know of a Katharina in the family. Can you read the names of the parents? Thank you so much again. Maymie

Posted: 5 May 2013 1:49AM GMT
This is a birth record for a Catharina Raschl who is the daughter of Leopold Raschl and Theresia Schubert, daughter of Franz Schubert.
Jean

Posted: 5 May 2013 2:00AM GMT
Well, two letters right. (R and s) :) I am reminded, however, of someone on another board who was looking for Subert/Schubert. Thanks, Jean. I don't know how you do it. I'm better than I was, but still have a ways to go.

Mary

Posted: 5 May 2013 11:56AM GMT
Thank you both Jean and Mary for clearing that up. I'm completely lost when it comes to that old writing. Still looking for Rost/Rosst in Miroslav/Mislitz.
Maymie

Posted: 5 May 2013 2:22PM GMT
Jean, can you figure out if I found the correct Misroslav or not? If I did, this index, etc. is fairly complete. If the family was not Catholic, there might be books for the Evangelical Brethren, but usually they show up on the list, even if they are not digitized. I looked at a few pages in this book to see if protestant was ever checked, but did not see any. (I have seen books where protestant was checked, and even a Jewish entry.)

If this is the correct book, and if protestants are listed, then those two children were not born in Miroslav. That's why I was hoping that the entry I found was possibly another Rosst family, but it was not to be. By following back relatives, you sometimes get a clue where the missing ones are.

Posted: 5 May 2013 6:25PM GMT
Mary and Maymie, I too noted the absence of evangelical records.
Maymie, what is and can you attach the evidence you stated showed the family was in Miroslav?
The names sound German to me. Have you looked in Prussia?
Jean
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions