Search for content in message boards

Annie Bond

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 7:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me solve the mystery as to what became of my late fathers great Aunt,Annie Bond of Dover Kent.Annie was born in 1881 in East India, Rawll Pinder the second daughter of John and Elizabeth Bond from Dover in Kent.Annie was a childrens nurse by occupation and is list in the 1891/1901 census but we cannot find her after that,despite many searches.Recently I was told that she paid a visit to my late in Ireland in the early 50's where her only brother,Charles FA Bond was living.We've been trying to find out if she married and had kids and where/when she died.If anyone can help this would be very much appreciated.Her great-great nephew Rory

Re: Annie Bond

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 9:13AM GMT
Hi Rory,

From FreeBMD found possible marriage in Dover for Annie in June quarter 1903 to either Frederick Farbrace or Sam William Robinson.

From 1911 census (Source Citation: Class: RG14; Piece: 26967) living at 102 Bayswater Mount, Harehills, Leeds have:

Sam William Robinson - 36 - Railway Clerk - Hummanby Yorkshire
Annie Robinson - wife - 29 - India (Resident)
John Samuel Robinson - son - 5 - Leeds Yorkshire
William Arthur Robinson - son - 4 - Leeds Yorkshire

There is also a birth in 1911 for a Thomas E Robinson, mother's maiden name BOND in Leeds (found on Freebmd) that could also be a child of this couple. You would need to order the birth certificate to confirm that of course.

Hope this is some help,
Emma.

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 10:19AM GMT
Hi Emma thanks for your reply,Annie's husband was called Fred from what the family can remember.As far as I know she married in Dover in 1903 and stayed in that area,so its quite possible that her husband was Frederick Farbrace.Thank you for your help here Rory

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 11:17AM GMT
Hi
I would definitely recommend ordering the certificate to confirm as the reason I discounted Frederick Farbrace as the husband of Annie is because I found one Frederick Farbrace possible on the 1911 census living in Kent and he is married to an Edith Annie - which is the fourth name on the BMD records - Edith Annie Pearce.

I double checked Edith Annie Pearce on the 1901 census and her details are a match for Edith Annie Farbrace on the 1911.

Also a search on http://www.kent.gov.uk/KCC.ROIS.Web.Sites.Public/Pages/Marri... Gives both Annie Bond and Sam Robinson as entry number 125 and Edith Pearce and Frederick Farbrace as entry number 126.

Checking the 1901 census for Annie Bond - Sam W Robinson is listed in the household as 'visitor'.

Emma.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic