Search for content in message boards

Friedrick Wolf, born 1816, son of Matthias Wolf, lived Washington Co., TX

Friedrick Wolf, born 1816, son of Matthias Wolf, lived Washington Co., TX

Posted: 9 Oct 2011 4:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wolf, Treude
I have two original photos of Friedrick and his wife Marie - an original carte de visite photograph of “Fredrick Wolf, born 1815 in Prussia, died Oct 11, 1888 – married Marie Treude, born 1827, died 1912 – his father was Matthias Wolf”, followed by names and locations of two cemeteries. The photo of Marie (Treude) Wolf identifies her name and states that she was born in 1826 and died in 1912, and states she married Fredrick Wolf. I’d like to get them back to descendants or family members. They look to be in their 50s or 60s in the pictures.

I found “Friedrick" Wolf, age 64, and wife Maria, age 53, in the 1880 census for Washington Co., TX, with children ages 22 down to 10, all born in Texas. Ancestry OneWorldTree shows that Marie Elizabeth Treude was wife of Frederick Malthis Wolf, born 11 Dec 1816, and that he died 15 Aug 1891. OWT says she was born 4 Jun 1828 in Germany and died 22 Feb 1912 Washington Co., TX.

Get back to me at margerice@prodigy.net if you are related to the Wolf family.

Re: Friedrick Wolf, born 1816, son of Matthias Wolf, lived Washington Co., TX

Posted: 1 May 2012 2:01AM GMT
Friedrich Wilhelm Wolf & Maria Elisabeth Treude are my great, great grandparents. They are both buried in the Mayer Cemetery in Washington County, Texas. Their son Louis Wolf married Emma Wassermann in Shelby, and their daughter Selma Louise Emilie Wolf married my grandfather, Adolph Wetz. I would love to have copies of the pictures you have.

Posted: 2 May 2012 4:58PM GMT
I just received these pictures in early April from Ms. Rice. Please see my email and contact me regarding copies I can email to you.

Posted: 2 May 2012 5:37PM GMT
Just curious, are you Melba Carol? If so and you have the green book, you can find me on pages 87, 89 and 90. You're listed on page 53. Your grandmother, Selma, is my grandfather, Louis Fredrick, sister.

Posted: 3 May 2012 12:57AM GMT
Yes, I am Melba Carol Wetz, but I do not have a copy of the green book. How can I get one? You are correct that my grandmother Selma is the daughter of Louis and Emma Wassermann Wolf and the sister of Louis Frederick. I remember my Aunt Emma, Erna, Hulda, and Travis Wolf, Uncle Bennie. Friedrich & Marie Treude Wolf are buried in such a beautiful place, the Mayer Cemetery. It has one of the best view in hill country. My other gggrandparents the Treybig/Wassermann's are buried just down the road in the Shelby Cemetery, with the Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Roundtop just a few miles away. Our family has a great history that I want to pass on to my children and grandchildren. I would appreciate electronic copies of their pictures. Thanks very much for your help! Melba

Posted: 3 May 2012 2:50AM GMT
Melba,
You don't know how funny it is to hear someone else say "my" Aunt Emma, Erna, Hulda. That's how (of course) I remember them and yet you and I have never met.
Do you have a tree on Ancestry? I couldn't find anything and I would love to see what you have. Mine is still a work in progress with almost 1000 persons. It is a public tree so you should be able to view it. It is listed as Robert Hoyle Family Tree. Maybe we could combine a lot of data.
I too want my grandkids to know where they came from and, as you know, families just don't know each other like we used to. It is such a shame and they have missed so much.
If you have photographs of some of the burial sites for our family I would appreciate copies of them. They sound beautiful from your description. I probably will never get to see them since I rarely ever get to Texas.
I understand, from the green book (as I call it because the cover is green), that you are an Illinois transplant. I too am a transplant, via my wonderful wife of over 30 years, to the State of Wisconsin.
The book I referred to is called "German Roots - Texas Growth" "Descendants of Caroline Traybig and George Wassermann" by Jan Wassermann Kelm dated 1989. I do not believe it is in print as she took orders for it when she published it and I believe she only made copies if she had orders. It is spiral bound. I will try to photocopy it for you.
My sister recently gave me a photo album and she identified as many people as she could. I will be scanning the photos and putting them on CD for everyone and would be happy to include you. CD's are cheap, no charge cus. I do sometimes procrastinate so I will not have it done REAL soon but hopefully not to long.
Again, please email me directly at mdhoyle@gmail.com and I will send Marie's photograph to you upon receipt.
Look forward to hearing from you again soon.
Mike
Michael D. Hoyle
mdhoyle@gmail.com
262-620-2823

Posted: 3 May 2012 2:56AM GMT
Marge,
Thanks for the pictures. As I told you in my email I received them in good condition from you upon my return from the family reunion.
I know you get many thanks from people for what you do but I just wanted to thank you again because, as you can see from this message thread, you inadvertently put me in touch with a family member and I am very pleased.
Again, thanks for everything and be assured I will be sharing the photographs you sent.
MIke

Posted: 5 May 2012 4:09AM GMT
Thanks for the nice note, Mike. It is a joy to me to reunite the photos I rescue, and especially to see them shared among family members. God bless!
- Marge
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions