Search for content in message boards

links to UK Parish Records Online

links to UK Parish Records Online

Posted: 6 Oct 2012 9:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Oct 2012 1:58PM GMT
Not sure if this is widely known as yet, but this website seems to be making an effort at providing links to UK online resources for parish records etc.

http://www.dustydocs.com.au/

Very handy to have them all at the same website.

In case it helps someone else.

Cheers : Lindsay

Re: UK Parish Records : Online : Free

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 8:00AM GMT
Very interesting good of you to let people know. Co-incidentally you wouldn't happen to be related to the people in my message board posting

I am looking for birth information on Griffith Roberts & Elizabeth Perry. They married 25:09:1914 Register Office (Carnarvon). His father is named as Griffith a slate quarrier [deceased] and hers as Richard also a slate quarrier. Griffith is aged 31 a slate quarrier resident at upper Llad??rog & Elizabeth aged 30 no profession resident at Hafodlas Talysain???? [very unsure what each says] They had a son Albert who was born 17:10:1918 at Ince Hindley Lancashire.

Had one response : Its probably Llandwrog and Talysarn ( near Penygroes). But unfortunately it helps only a little as what I want is the Welsh equivalent of tracing John SMITH & Mary BROWN with parents named John SMITH & John BROWN. Perhaps your site may reveal a thing or two

Regards Peter

Re: UK Parish Records : Online : Free

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 9:26AM GMT
No relation Peter

But I did make headway with my own Welsh research when FindMyPast put online a considerable amount of Welsh parish records. Including the images. That site though, requires a subscription.

If you would like to contact me via my Ancestry ID, I will try to help out.

Cheers : Lindsay
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions