Search for content in message boards

The Bacon's and Royalty

The Bacon's and Royalty

Posted: 26 Jan 2008 11:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
There are three books That can establish the connection of six Bacons and Royalty. The immigrants; Elizabeth, Samuel, Nathaniel of Barnstable, Mass. Michael of Dedham, Mass. and Nathaniel, Gov. of Virginia and his cousin Gen. Nathaniel of Virginia. there may be others. The books are; "Michael Bacon of Dedham Mass. 1640 and his descendants" by Thomas W. Baldwin, "Bacons Adventure" by Herbert M. Bacon, Which on pg 84 states that (the data of the English branch of the family was prepared by Gustav Anjou of New York, and was well authenticated and substantiated.) and the Third book is Ancestral Roots by Weis. The Third book does not contain any information on Bacons, but covers the ancestors Of Thomas Badolph, father in law of Robert Bacon. pg.231, line 257, person#32.
Chris

Re: The Bacon's and Royalty

Posted: 11 May 2009 2:24PM GMT
You may not want to hear this but Gustav Anjou was well known as probably the greatest geanology fraud of all times. Enter his name in a Google search and see over 50,000 entries about his misdeeds.

Posted: 12 May 2009 12:08AM GMT
I would like to add a couple of titles to read before taking the references you listed as gospel. First, I would highly recommend reading: The false pedigree & arms of the family of Bacon of Suffolk : the ancestors of Sir Nicholas Bacon, of Francis Bacon (Lord Veralam), and of the present Premier Baronet critically examined and exposed by Walter Rye. The author, Walter Rye, exposes the pedigree cited by that Bacon branch, and so many people who trace their lineage through a relationship to Sir Nicholas Bacon in some way as "a myth," (Rye's term not mine). Rye is an established and highly regarded historian who compiled many record lists from original documents. He studied the British records thoroughly and he compiled many records regarding the Bacon family. Many of his manuscripts are available through the Norwich Records Office in Norfolk, England. This manuscript is available on microfilm through www.familysearch.org.

Secondly, I would recommend reading the two wills I posted online that relate to the Baldwin book, The Descendants of Michael Bacon of Dedham, Massachusetts. Baldwin made an error in tracing back the ancestry of Michael. The father of Thomas Bacon (will dated 1535) of Helmingham was William Bacon (will dated 1492) who was married to a woman named Isabel at the time of his death. The father of William was John Bacon (will dated 1450) who was married to a woman named Ann at the time of his death. See link: http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.bacon/2019/mb.ashx

You would need to establish a royal heritage for John Bacon (will dated 1450) to be able to establish royal lineage for the descendants of Michael of Dedham.

Posted: 12 May 2009 4:08AM GMT
I wish to thank you both for your help. It's not as important to me to have a Royal lineage, as it is to have the correct lineage. I guess it's back to the research. I always have Edward Southworth's unsubstantiated lineage to cling to(lol).
Thank you again
Chris Tittle

Posted: 24 Nov 2009 4:12AM GMT
I am from Australia, and my line is genuine, my grandfather being James Henry Bacon, the line going back through Dodds,Dormer,Fleetwood,Parkhurst, back to Eleanor Plantagenet. I also am not that worried about royal lines only genuine lines. I have come across some very big mistakes in some family trees. I am always researching to get the correct answer. If I can gain 3-4 family trees with the same information as other research, then I am guessing that it will be OK. Nothing is for certain though. I realise that. If anyone wants any of my information. Please contact me. Cheers MM :):)

Posted: 24 Nov 2009 4:13AM GMT
Surnames: BACON
I am from Australia, and my line is genuine, my grandfather being James Henry Bacon, the line going back through Dodds,Dormer,Fleetwood,Parkhurst, back to Eleanor Plantagenet. I also am not that worried about royal lines only genuine lines. I have come across some very big mistakes in some family trees. I am always researching to get the correct answer. If I can gain 3-4 family trees with the same information as other research, then I am guessing that it will be OK. Nothing is for certain though. I realise that. If anyone wants any of my information. Please contact me. Cheers MM :):)

Posted: 9 Dec 2009 6:47AM GMT
If anyone would like to know about the BACONs in Australia that are connected to royalty, please email me. cheers MM :):)

Posted: 10 Dec 2009 9:48PM GMT
Surnames: BACON/PARKHURST/DORMER/FLEETWOOD/HEBLETHWAYTE
Thankyou for the 'heads up' re the fraud and Bacon name. I do not have any of those names in my tree. My line is completely different, coming through the PARKHURST/DORMER/FLEETWOOD/HEBLETHWAYTE family line. Thanks again. Cheers Marilyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions