Search for content in message boards

Confused GA Kemp

Confused GA Kemp

Posted: 4 Apr 2010 1:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kemp
I visited the Kemp cemetery in Cobb County, GA, yesterday and talked with a lovely older Kemp relative and her daughter. Now I am more confused than ever about my Kemp ancestry. Too many similar names! Any quick assistance you can offer is most appreciated.

I am Paula Kemp Watson,
gdaughter of Ottie Ozell Kemp (b1882)and through her to -
Andrew W. Kemp (b1852)
James Starling Kemp (b1829)
Solomon Kemp (b1787)
Moses Kemp (b1749)
Richard Kemp (b1715)

Re: Confused GA Kemp

Posted: 4 Apr 2010 4:52PM GMT
I do not have your Andrew W. Kemp but do have other ancestors.

Moses Kemp born abt 1749 in Wake Co, NC married Susan Mary Tate.

They had 9 children one being my ancestor Capt, Wiley J. Kemp born in 1765 and another being your Ancestor Solomon Kemp born in 1772 all in Wake Co, NC. The moved to Greenville Co, SC and from there Wiley and his brother Wilson moved to Edgefield and Solomon married Clarissa Benson and moved to what is now Cobb Co, GA

Solomon and Clarissa had 12 children, one being James Starling born 16 May 1829 in Cobb Co, GA

I show James Starling with two wives. Harriet Jackson Smithwick died 1858 and Minerva Williams, NO additonal info on James

Instestingly, Wiley Kemp, Solomon's Brother had a son named Sterling or Starling Bledsoe Kemp who married and moved to Monroe Co, AL

Contact me off line at connie@wctel.net and I can give you what I have on this line of kemps.

Dr. Connie

Posted: 4 Apr 2010 11:28PM GMT
Just sent you an e-mail; thanks!

Posted: 5 Apr 2010 12:28AM GMT
This series of posting has been very interesting to me as that I am a descendant of the same Kemp family. I too did not have Andrew but had his father and the other Kemps. My great-great-grandfather was Sanford M. Kemp son of Wiley Mose Kemp who is buried there in the Kemp Cemetery. I too have been to the Kemp cemetery, but did not get to talk to any Kemps in that area. If you have not been to the Gwinnett County Historial Courthouse I would recommend it because they have deed records of several of our Kemps on microfilm.

Posted: 8 Apr 2010 8:39PM GMT
Thanks! It is interesting to learn that "my" Kemps seem to have migrated west to the Lost Mountain/Kennesaw part of Cobb County while the other branch stayed in Gwinnett or east Cobb. I am going to England and Ireland this summer and wish I knew more geneology!

Posted: 13 Sep 2010 2:38AM GMT
If you are referring to Eugene Sanford M. M. Kemp who m. Amanda Jurelma Johnson, would you please contact me.

Eugene Sanford M. M. Kemp who m. Amanda Jurelma Johnson

Posted: 13 Sep 2010 6:36PM GMT
I am researching these Kemps and have some info in my database - always looking for more, both new & additional details to what I already have. I am glad to share. You are welcome to contact me directly at g$j$pace#comcast$net -- substitute standard punctuation in my Email address.

Gary Pace

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 9:28PM GMT
Hello, I'm trying to connect these KEMP to Screven County Georgia. I have a Soloman Kemp born 1750 in S.C.was in Screven Co. Ga. One of his sons Daniel my McClellan married his Daughter in Screven Co.Ga. Do you have any inf. these lines are connected? I have information this line moved to West Georgia. cecilmac@bellsouth.net. Thanks Cecil McClellan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic