Search for content in message boards

Scottish Settlement

Scottish Settlement

Posted: 20 Jul 2010 12:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the old graveyards in and around Kincardine/Kintore. I was up that way last week and found the Melville church and was wondering where else to look. Thanks :)

Re: Scottish Settlement

Posted: 20 Jul 2010 8:01PM GMT
I see a reference to a Kincardine United Church with a cemetery. Possibly it was originally a Presbyterian Church. I see no hint of location other than in Victoria Co., presumably in or near Kincardine. There are Kincardine Presbyterian Church records on microfilm F-1120 for 1873-1970. Kincardine United Church Records (1876-1970) are on F-9077. They may require permission from the relevant church to be viewed.

Thomas

Posted: 20 Jul 2010 8:44PM GMT
These cemeteries have been transcribed and are online at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nbtvglhg/.

There is a cemetery at Melville United Church in Kincardine, one near the Upper Kintore Church, a small private family cemetery (Bissett Cemetery) in Lower Kintore, and at the end of the Scotch Colony Road on the banks of the Tobique River there is the Forest Glen Church and Cemetery.

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 12:23AM GMT
Thanks for the info :)

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 12:24AM GMT
Thankyou for the info and link :)

Posted: 7 Jan 2012 2:57PM GMT
I noticed you are looking for the burial records of Melville church. Yes there is a listing online but not all of them are listed. I had to go through the church itself to find what I needed and there is a much "Older book" that contains the older burials that may not have stones. I was looking for a relative and it was only through this "old book" that he was thankfully found.
Just contact the church itself and see if they can help. I am trying to get them to get the lists from the old book on line.

Posted: 8 Feb 2012 4:57PM GMT
Thank You for taking the time to reply to my message, I have found what I'm looking for at the provincial archives. Good luck with getting the old records online, let me know if there is anything I can do.

Posted: 10 Feb 2012 3:36AM GMT
Hi there :)

Wondering if you need any further assistance with Melville Cemetery. You mentioned an "old book". My mother and now she and I together look after the burials in Kincardine and still use the old burial record. but it was transcribed last year with family links and bits of info added. I am not sure what records are available besides this, as a minister a few years ago took a lot of the records to the United Church archives as opposed to the Provincial archives where they were supposed to go. The church ones are in Halifax and can not be removed to go to the Provincial ones in Fredericton unfortunately. The provincial archives would have been a more central and convenient place but alas not to be. I have added the cemetery and names to Find A Grave with lot locations and hope to get pics of stones added this year. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=23...;. It lists place as Stonehaven which was the original name of Kincardine

Posted: 12 Feb 2012 12:28AM GMT
Hi Blair,

Thanks for the info,

Katari
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions