Search for content in message boards

Wilson, Andrews, Moore, Davis, York

Wilson, Andrews, Moore, Davis, York

Posted: 3 Oct 2002 9:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Oct 2002 4:50PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Moore, Andrews, Davis, York
Seeking informatin on the following families. Most of these families migrated from Arkansas, to Navarro Co. Texas, to Comanche County Texas and possibily surrounding counties around Comanche.

Marriage of Benjamin Wilson, born AL to Jane Moore, February 23, 1850. Possibly daughter of Joseph L. Moore. Possibly one son named Jesse Wilson. Was in Hempstead Co. Ark in 1850, in Navarro Co. Texas by 1870.

Marriage of William Henry York to Margaret Emaline Wilson, June 28, 1849. Possibly the daughter of Jesse Wilson and sister to Benjamin Wilson. Located in Hempstead Co. Ark in 1850, Navarro Co. Tx in 1870, Comanche Co. Tx in 1900.

Marriage Record of William T. ANDREWS to Hannah
Caroline WILSON, Nov. 9, 1848. At least one daughter Sarah J. b. 1849. Located in Hempstead Co. Ark in 1850. Believe Hannah to be a child of Jesse Wilson and sibling to Benjamin and Margaret.

Marriage Mary Ann Wilson to John S. York December 24, 1854. Located in Navarro Co. Tx in 1880.
Children:
J.F., age 15, AR
S.C., age 16, AR (Sarah Catherine--married W.W.
Johnson)
M.J., age 14, F, AR
W.A., age 12, M, AR
A.H., age 10, TX
L.J., age 5, F, TX
J.L., age 3, M, TX
B.F., age 1, M, TX

Can anyone help with the names of the children.

Daniel M. Wilson, to Mary Ann Moore Nov. 2, 1851. Believe this Daniel to be the son of Jesse Wilson and Mary Ann a sibling to Jane Moore, wife of Benjamin.

Thomas Wilson. A son of Jesse Wilson. Was wondering if this Thomas F. could be the same Thomas. The age fits exactly. Does anyone have information on the family below to prove my theory.
1880 Navarro, Texas, Census Place: District 9
Thomas F. WILSON Self M M W 45 AL Occ: Farmer Fa:
AL Mo: AL
Sarah M. WILSON Wife F M W 37 GA Occ: Keeping
House Fa: --- Mo: ---
Mary M. DAVIS Dau F W W 19 AR Fa: AL Mo: GA
Mandy E. WILSON Dau F S W 17 AR Fa: AL Mo: GA
Julia A. WILSON Dau F S W 13 TX Fa: AL Mo: GA
Nancy H.C. WILSON Dau F S W 10 TX Fa: AL Mo: GA
Susan WILSON Dau F S W 7 TX Fa: AL Mo: GA
Thomas WILSON Son M S W 1 TX Fa: AL Mo: GA

Marriage of Susan C. Wilson to B.F. Davis, May 27, 1858. Believe Susan to be the daughter of Jesse Wilson. The daughter in the above census in evidently Sarah's (wife of Thomas) from a previous marriage. Could Sarah have been married to the same Davis family that Susan C. Wilson
married?

Marriage of Nancy H. Wilson Joseph S. Moore,February 5, 1860 Daughter of Jesse Wilson, he is the son of Jospeh
L. Moore and Sarah.

Would love to correspond with anyone on these
family lines.

Best Regards,
Mary
hillsters@bwoodtx.com

Re: Wilson, Andrews, Moore, Davis, York

sharon (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2002 5:53AM GMT
All of these marriages took place in Hempstead County and all are listed in the Loose Marriage Certificates. these are original (copy if the original has been claimed) marriage certificates. If you would like more information on this email me <hempsteadgen@yahoo.com>

Posted: 5 Oct 2002 2:55AM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2002 4:50PM GMT
Yes, please email me privately, I am interested. Thanks in advance.

Mary
hillsters@bwoodtx.com

Posted: 17 Apr 2005 6:28PM GMT
Surnames: york-wilson
I believe that john s. york and mary a. wilson 0f ark.are my ancestors.according to my imfo. they had a son william who had a son felix who was my grandfather who was from tarrant co. texas-----please reply---

Posted: 15 May 2005 3:28AM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2005 3:24PM GMT
Mr. York,

I responded to this post some time back to your private email and never heard from you. I will send you another email. I would like to find out more about your family and exchange information.

Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions