Search for content in message boards

Terre-Aux-Boeuf Cemetery

Terre-Aux-Boeuf Cemetery

Posted: 29 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 1:23PM GMT
Surnames: Lombas, Lodrigue, Molero, Barrios, Sons
Does anyone have any information on the old graveyard located in Kenilworth, the old Terre Aux Boeuf graveyard.

I would like to know if any of my ancestors are buried there. They were Islenos, shipped from the Canary Islands to Cuba to Louisiana in the late 1700
s.
Any information would be appreciated.

Thanx

Re: Terre-Aux-Boeuf Cemetery

Cherreen Lauga (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2001 5:32AM GMT
Surnames: Morales, Campo, Nunez, Gonzales, Alfonso, de St. Germain
Hi, there is a migration list of passengers that I submitted to this site of all the passengers but the host hasen't entered all the ships yet, I also comprised a list of the old cemetery mostly the oldest part of the cemetery which is the very beginning farthest from the river-I submitted that too but I am sure the host of the site hasen't gotten to it. Let me know the names and other info needed and I will look it up in my records and the cemetery itself-being that I visit it often.

good night,
Cherreen Lauga

Posted: 5 Aug 2001 1:28PM GMT
Edited: 25 Sep 2004 11:05PM GMT
Surnames: de lomba/Lombas, Molero, Barrios, Sons, Lodrigue, Rodrigues, Ribardie
Thanx Cherreen......I plan to make a trip to Louisiana soon....but am really interested to know if some of the following family is buried at Terre Aux Boeuf:
Christoval Luis Molero, his wife Josefa Bermejo, daughter Antonia Molero Lombas, her son Francisco X. Lombas. They came to St. Bernard aboard the Trinidad from Cuba after staying in Cuba due to the war.
My mothers family were Rodriguez(gues). They also came from the Canary Islands,,,I have not done much research into that line as yet.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanx,
Lila Lombas Kash

Posted: 15 Aug 2001 3:48AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2006 12:19AM GMT
Surnames: Trahan/Gusman/Sanchez/Landry
Hi Chereen,
Thank goodness I found someone with some knowledge of that cemetery! And a person who visits often...
This particular line is a major brick wall.

I am descended from Anna Sanchez who married Pierre Honore Veillon in 1814. Anna arrived aboard LaVictoire in 1778 from the Canaries. I only have a death date for Anna ca.1837, St. Bernard. For Pierre Honore Veillon, I have no date at all.
Their daughter Marie Candelaria Veillon married Jean Gusman. They are both buried in St. Tammany Parish.
This is a very long story but when you have time could you please check your records for Terre-Aux-Boeuf Cemetery and let me know if you find the following:
1. Anna Sanchez, bn. 1768
2. Pierre Honore Veillon, bn. 1758
3. Rosa Buenavida/Rose Bonnevie, bn.? , d 1791 St.Bernard
4. Jean Gousman/Gusman/Guzman-any record at all
5. Brigitte/Brigida Trahan-any record at all
6. Brigitte/Brigida Gousman/Gusman/Guzman- any record at all

I see you are searching St. Germain family. One of Marie Veillon's married into a St. Germain if memory serves me correctly. I have quite a bit on the Veillon line if you need it.

Thanks so much, Marsha

Posted: 23 Aug 2001 5:14AM GMT
Surnames: de St Germain, Morales, Nunez, Gonzales, Alfonso, Campo
Okay-very interesting.. WE ARE RELATED.. Josefa N Bermejo and (I have his name as the following) Emmanuel C.L. Molero were my ggggggrandparents....It starts here:
Emmanuel C. L. Molero & Josefa N Bermejo had Manuel Molero who married Ana Marie Alfonso who were the parents of Ana Molero who married Athanacio Cirillo Nunez who were the parents of Eulalie Nunez who married Juan Gonzales who were the parents of Josephine Gonzales who married Marcel de St. Germain who were the parents of my ggrandma-Christina de St. Germain Morales Campo.. Christina just passed in '99 2 months shy of her 103rd b-day...
As for other stuff I am still looking so I will keep in touch....cherreen

Posted: 22 Mar 2002 3:01PM GMT
Hi, Marsha I am sorry for taking so long to respond to this but my husband has been ill will a serious form of cancer so I am now back into my research and I will make sure I look up your ancestor. feel free to e-mail me any time
cherreen

Posted: 18 Jul 2003 2:15AM GMT
Surnames: Gonzales, Nunez, Perez, Robin, Roberts, Assevedo
Hello,

I am also a cousin. My great-great-grandmother was Constance Gonzales, daughter of Juan and Eulalie, thus sister of Josephine. However, I don't have a record of a Josephine being Juan and Eulalie's daughter. Could you tell me about her? I would love to share some information with you. Also, could you give me any cemetary info as well?

Thanks,

Jennifer Landeche

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions