Search for content in message boards

SCHULTZ

SCHULTZ

Carrie Schafer (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on the family of William and Johanna Schultz. They arrived in Goodhue Co. in 1881 from Germany. They are buried in a little cemetery in Chester Twp, Wabasha Co. They had several children: Herman was born July 28, 1871 in Seidlow, Germany; Lizzie about 1873; Otto about 1875; Ida about 1879; Anna was born Nov. 19, 1883 in Goodhue Co., MN; Minnie about 1884; Tillie was born July 24, 1887 in Hay Creek Twp, Goodhue Co.; Emil about 1889; and two children who died young since the 1900 Goodhue County Census listed Johanna as having had 10 children.

Herman Schultz married Augusta Keske and lived in Hay Creek Twp for most of his life. I can't find any information on Lizzie and Ida Schultz. Otto Schultz married a Christine and his parents did live with him for a while. Anna Schultz was my great-great grandmother. She first married John G. Siebrasse and they resided in Red Wing. After John died, Anna married Frank Voth and they moved to North Dakota. Minnie Schultz married a August Schroeder, again I haven't found any information on them. Tillie, or Otilda, married Henry Ohlander and they resided in Hay Creek Twp for several years. Emil Schultz married a Marie G. ?. They are buried in the cemetery in Goodhue.

One of the daughters married a Tiedemann and lived for several years up near the North Dakota border.

Any help with this family would be much appreciated. Thanks

SHULTZ ,SEEBACH

Maxine Perrin (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT

Looking for info on Charlotte SHULTZ SEEBACH. She married Julius C GRAY Apr 10, 1875 in Red Wing, Goodhue County. I understand that there is a book about the GRAY's and SEEBACHS somewhere at a Historical Society in Red Wing. Any info on the GRAY'S and SEEBACH's would be appreciated. Maxine GRAY Perrin
MPe8353643@aol.com

Schultz Family Info

Posted: 1 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2001 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: SCHULTZ
Schultz Family in Goodhue County. I was recently advised of your request for info on the family of William and Johanna Schultz.

William (Wilhelm) and Johanna emmigrated to America in 1880 along with their children, Herman, Bertha, Otto, and Ida. I believe you referred to Lizzie, born about 1873. This was Bertha. Bertha married Cord Lutje (Louis) Dammann in July 1893. I began compiling information on Louis and Bertha and their descendents about a year ago and have a fair amount gathered in the Dammann line of the family.

Let me know what you have gathered on the Schultz's and what you are still looking for as I have a couple of additional contacts in the Schultz family.

Schultz Family Info

Posted: 17 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Dec 2002 1:27AM GMT
Surnames: Schultz
I'm starting to compile information on a Schultz line in Goodhue Co. I'm interested in Louis and Bertha. Bertha is my direct line so if you need anything about her parents etc. I have that. I need information on his side. I know he died young. Anything would be helpful. Thanks! Ginger

Schultz Info

Posted: 3 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2001 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Dammann
Ginger:

Sorry about responding so slowly, but I hadn't been watching this side of the house too much. I've been working feverishly on the Dammanns.

Louis Dammann was my grandfather and of course Bertha was my grandmother. His real name was Cord Lütje Dammann. I guess he went by Louis after he came to America in 1875. He married Bertha Schultz in 1893 and they had eight kids; Louis, Wilhelmina (Minnie), Emma, Frieda, William, Carl, Edna, and Fritz. Carl is my dad. Cord Lütje (Louis) was born April 14, 1859 in Hedendorf, Germany and died October 24 1939.

There is another woman in MN who has done a lot of research on the Schultz family. She lives up around the Cities. Her name is Ardis Limbert. Her e-mail address is pashatwo@uswest.net. If you haven't already contacted her, she can really fill you in on the Schultz clan.

Good searching!

Gene Dammann

Emil Schultz

Posted: 19 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
I have Emil F. (don't know what the 'F' stands for yet) Schultz on one of my branches...here's what I have: He was born Feb 23, 1889 in Featherstone Twp. He married Marie Gertrud Johanne Tiedeman who was born Oct. 2, 1892 in Goodhue Twp. They married on April 26, 1916 at St. John's Lutheran Church in Red Wing. Emil died July 30, 1958 in Red Wing and Marie died July 24, 1967 in Red Wing.

They had 3 children:
1) Raynold Herman Emil Schultz who was born July 6, 1918 in Featherstone Twp. He married Laurinda E. Dammann on Sept 29, 1943 in Mazeppa. He died November 30, 1999 in Red Wing.

2) Virgil Frederich Schultz was born March 7, 1921 in Featherstone Twp. He married Genevieve Stewart on April 20, 1946 in Red Wing.

3) Elaine Marianne Schultz was born November 19, 1929 in Featherstone Twp and she was married twice: 1) Albert Olson and 2) Arnold Leroy Wurst. I don't have the marriage dates on either one of these.

Do you have Johanna Schultz's maiden name or when she died? I can run over to the courthouse and see if it's there or if it was in the newspaper (her obit).

Ginger

Johanna Voelz Schultz

Posted: 18 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Thanks Carrie for the information!!! Is Chester Township in Wabasha County? You asked who I was related to, Emil or Marie. I'm related to Marie. Her mother was a Von Bargen who married a Tiedeman, so.... Can I get Ardys Limbert's e-mail address from you, I've missed placed it someplace. Thanks! if I don't see you again at the Goodhue County Courthouse, have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!
Ginger

Johanna Voelz Schultz

Carrie Schafer (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Schultz, Voelz
Johanna's last name was Voelz. She was born Augus 31, 1847 in Germany and died February 16, 1936 in Belvidere township. She and William (or Wilhelm) were buried in a little Lutheran cemetery in Chester township. If I remember right, I received the information on her full birth and death date from Ardys Limbert. How are you related to Emil and Marie?

Re: SHULTZ ,SEEBACH

Posted: 5 Apr 2005 3:39AM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2005 9:18PM GMT
Surnames: GRAY GRIESE KUHN MILLER NELSON KALLIAINEN
My new email address is maxineperrin@comcast.net

Re: SCHULTZ

Posted: 30 Jul 2013 1:42AM GMT
Lizzie Schroeder (Louise) was my Grandmother. She was married to Herman Schroeder. They lived in East Grand Forks, MN, They had 6 children, Carl, Lorena, Harry, Arnold, Lula, and Louise (Gertrude). I think the town they they came from is really spelled Zeitlow, Germany. Herman and Louise, are burried in St. Johns Cemetary in Lake City.

Carl and his wife Doris, are burried in Grand Forks, ND, Harry and his first wife Thelma are burried in Grand Forks, ND. Lorena and her husband Albin Paulson are burried in East Grand Forks, Arnold is burried in East Grand Forks,MN Lula and her husband Roy Plote are burried in Bethany Lutheran Cemetary in Lake City, MN. Louise (Gert)Haase is burried in Bethany Lutheran Cemetary in Lake City, MN Her husband Robert (Bob) lives in Lake City, MN.

I have more details is you need them. Brad Haase
per page

Find a board about a specific topic