Search for content in message boards

TRAVIS, Poplar Grove Cemetery

TRAVIS, Poplar Grove Cemetery

Posted: 10 Aug 2002 5:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Travis, Shoemaker (Schoonmaker), Cabrey, Lybolt (Libolt)
I visited Poplar Grove Cemetery and found an Estella Lybolt Travis in a plot which I believe has the Shoemaker-Cabrey monument. I find that Estella was sister of Clinton Lybolt and daughter of Mamie Brown & Adelbert Lybolt (who are also buried in this plot.) Estella's dates are 14 July 1913 - 17 Nov 1977.
Does anyone have any information on what Travis Estella married? Does anyone know of descendants of this Lybolt family? Someone does have plastic flowers at the grave, so I'm sure there is family remaining.
BTW - Schoonmaker was the maiden name of my George Travis' mother. Know nothing of the Cabrey, though.
Thank you!

Re: TRAVIS, Poplar Grove Cemetery

Posted: 21 Sep 2002 7:40PM GMT
I do not know who Estella Lybolt Travis married. I do know however, her siblings and her Lybolt ancestry going back to 1763. If this is of interest to you, email me at ctavery207@aol.com I am trying to find out who William E. Lybolt's parents were. William was born about 1815 and lived in Bethel, Sullivan County, NY. If you have any additional info on the lybolt name, I would be interested.

Posted: 21 Sep 2002 8:07PM GMT
Surnames: Lybolt Travis
My interest is in the TRAVIS surname.

(Obit) Estella Lybolt Travis died 17 Nov 1977 in Summitville. She was born 14 July 1913 in Summitville, daughter of Adelbert & Mamie Brown Lybolt. Survivors include her husband, Roswell Travis; a son Gordon of Summitville; two daughters, Marie Tremblay of Summitville & Iris Tremblay of New York State; five sisters, Mrs. Iris Sheeley of Summitville, Mrs. Lena Morris of Rock Hill, Mrs. Rea Young of Slate Hill, Mrs. Florence Smith of Napanoch, & Mrs. Julia Hornbeck of Wawarsing. Services by Rev. Robt. Pinto at VanInwegen-Gray Funeral Home, Wurtsboro. Burial in Poplar Grove cemetery, Phillipsport.
-----
From SSDI: Roswell Travis b 8 Apr 1912 d Oct 1979. Residence Summitville; last benefit, Liberty. Worked on RR, SSN issued prior to 1951.
-----

Anyone know of the Roswell Travis, parentage and where he might be buried?

Re: TRAVIS, Poplar Grove Cemetery-Cabrey

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 6:24AM GMT
Surnames: Carberry, Carbery, Cabery, Cabrey, Cabry, Klein, Higgins
Researching a Cabrey (aka Carberry/Cabery) family that went from Northern Ireland Ireland to MA in 1884 then to Syracuse, NY (just after 1900). Not sure mine connect to this Cabrey monument you mention, nor do I know how far away Sullivan county is to Syracuse, but thought I would put it out there.

Posted: 7 Aug 2014 1:03PM GMT
I see my response is about 12 years too late but I figured I would still reply, Estella was my mother's grandmother and the wife of Roswell Travis. My mother was raised by them and she does visit their graves, she said that Roswell is buried at the same cemetery just in a different location, I think she mentioned something about near a hill? I personally have never been there so I'm not sure, but I am also researching the Travis and Lybolt line.

Posted: 24 Aug 2014 2:08PM GMT
Hi,

We are in the process of re-documenting Poplar Grove as well as the entire Cemetery has been cleaned up and in beautiful condition. There is a new Association, Website and FaceBook page and we are also in the process of working to update the FindAGrave records.

We are looking for help from Family members as well including photos, documentation, deeds, and anything else that may help with documenting the cemetery.

The Association contact information, maps, current list which is in progress but not complete and other info is at: http://www.poplargrovecemetery.com

Thanks,

Joe..
Attachments:

Posted: 24 Aug 2014 7:38PM GMT
Thank you so much, Joe! I visited the Poplar Grove Cemetery site and did find George's parents, William & Maria Travise in the upper section. I've sent contact information to the association.

Posted: 25 Aug 2014 12:12AM GMT
Hi, after I got your message and did not receive anything I checked the server and there was a small issue which is now resolved. So if you can either resubmit the info or feel free to send directly to me at: jsantacroce@hvc.rr.com

We will be updating the records on an ongoing basis so all information is greatly appreciated and sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Joe..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic