Search for content in message boards

HAWTHORN, GALLOWAY,

HAWTHORN, GALLOWAY,

Dave Nance (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

HAWTHORNE(E) - Looking for information on JOHN HAWTHORN JR. (abt
1750-1841), who I believe (but cannot yet confirm!) was the father of my
g-g-grandmother Mary (Polly) Hawthorn, who was b. 1788 FAIRFIELD Co SC, m.
1819 in Barren Co KY John Galloway, and d. 1853 Hancock Co IL. His
parents were JOHN HAWTHORN SR., b. abt. 1714 Ireland, m. Elizabeth ____
bef. 1761. They and the children listed below arrived at Charlestown SC
(from Belfast) on the Brigantine "Chichester", on Dec 25 1767. Children Of
John Hawthorn Sr. and wife Elizabeth:

i. Adam Hawthorn, b. abt. 1745.
ii. James Hawthorn, b. abt. 1747.
iii. JOHN HAWTHORN (JR.), b. abt. 1750; d. abt. 1841.
iv. Mary Hawthorn, b. abt. 1751.

v. Robert Hawthorn, b. abt. 1753.
vi. Joseph Hawthorn, b. abt. 1755.
vii. Benjamin Hawthorn, b. abt. 1760.
viii. Elizabeth Hawthorn, b. abt. 1764.

According to his Rev. War pension app., JOHN HAWTHORN JR. lived in
FAIRFIELD Co. SC at enlistment; he rem. to Elbert Co GA in 1791; he then
rem. to Barren Co KY in 1806; he then rem. to Maury Co TN in 1823; he
finally rem. to Graves Co KY in 1830 and applied for pension there 1833.
Have more information and would be glad to hear from anyone working on
this family. Dave Nance

Re: HAWTHORN, GALLOWAY,

Jerry Hawthorn (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

I have information on the John Hawthorn family from
Fairfield County SC. I have information on over 10000 descendants of John and Elizabeth. I would be happy to
share. Jerry Hawthorne
thorne

Galoway

Jan Perritt (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Alexander Galoway, Mary Galoway, Thomas Meek
I'm looking for info on Alexander Galoway beleaved to have been the 2nd husband of Mary meek widow of Thomas meek that died in Fairfield Co S.C.in 1790-1807 time frame
Posted: 21 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2005 7:48PM GMT
Surnames: Meek, McGraw
WILLIAM DARLING MCGRAW, B. CA. 1780 in Tennesse, d. aft. 1833 in Wilkinson Co., Ms. md. MARGARET MEEK, b. 1786 Tn., d. after 1850 in Wilkinson Co., Ms. She was a d/o THOMAS MEEK of Fairfield Dist., SC. WILLIAM DARLING MCGRAW
The McGraw children were: ELISHA, HIRAM, DRUCILLA md. DAVID BOLAND; J.J. md. Ann C. Palmer; ANSEL md.MARGARET ALLEN (second-Zebulon Cox); MARY ELLEN md. ANDREW HASTINGS; BENJAMIN FRANKLIN MCGRAW md. Mary Andrew; EMILY MCGRAW md. FRANCIS FLOYD, and WILEY MCGRAW.

Posted: 23 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2005 7:48PM GMT
Surnames: Meek, Galloway, McGraw, Davis, Williams
Source: Fairfield County, SC Book T., pg 212-213
Fairfield Dist., SC. Know all men by these Presents that I JAMES MEEK of Mississippi Territory of Wilson County in said State aforesaid planter for and in consideration of the sum of five hundred Dollars to me in hand well and truly paid by Wm. Youngue of the District aforesaidhave granted bargained and sold and released and by these presents do grant bargain sell and release unto the said William Yongue one hundred and twenty acres of Land more or less being part of a tract of land original granted to WM. JONES now deceased and from him conveyed to ABERAHAM JONES and from said JONES to THOMAS MEEK now deceased and from him to his son JAMES MEEK by heirship and from ALEXANDER GALOWAY AND MARY GALOWAY LATE WIDOW OF THOMAS MEEK, now deceased under power of attorney from them to the said James Meek...etc., etc. etc. 11 day of August in the year of our Lord one thousand Eight hundred and ten and in the thirty fifth year of the American Independence. Signed sealed and delivered in presence of us. SARAH YONGUE, JAMES MEEK, ROBERT YONGUE.

Sworn to by SAMUEL YONGUE. 6 Oct. 1810.

Same page:
Know all men by these presents that I DARLING MCGRAW of Wilkinson Co., Missipi Territory by marriage with MARGARET MEEK, daughter and heiress of Thomas Meek, deceased do intrust and impower DAVID MCGRAW resident of South Carolina Fairfield District to apply to the organized orphans court for a reversion of a tract of land of LITTLE RIVER in the said District belonging to the Late Thomas Meek, reserved one third of which by Heirship belonging to my wife and the remainder to her mother and Brother, this being his power of attorney do bargain sell and despose of said land with perfect title in my ? given under my hand this 11th of March 1807.
Daniel Williams; Darling McGraw; John H. Davis; Margaret McGraw; James Meek.

(David McGraw, with wife, 10 children, James Gibson, wife and 3 children, Jacob Gibson and Michael Gibson got passes to travel through the Indian nation to Mississippi in 1812.) In 1823 Pike Co., Ms. a David McGraw died and admin. of his estate was Darling McGraw.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions