Search for content in message boards

Surry Co. Marriotts, any info

Warren-Marriott

J.T. Smith (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Warren, Bailey, Boyce, Tarver
Sorry, no info on Marriott; have seen several references to
Alice being daughter of Thomas Warren and marrying Marriott. There is an Elizabeth who is supposed to be the daughter of Thomas Warren, widow of John Bailey and Anselm (?) more probably James, Boyce who married Thomas Tarver in Surry Co ca 1711. He died 1712 and left to wife Elizabeth, Ann Warren (thought to be his sister Ann who reportedly married Allen Warren, brother to Elizabeth)also to daughter-in-law Christian Bailey (not otherwise identified) and to son Samuel. His son Samuel married Mary Boyce, his step-sister. With so much smoke, there must be a fire. If you come across this family would appreciate a huss. e-mail direct.Thanks.

Surry Co. Marriotts, any info

Posted: 17 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Dec 2002 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: Warren, Marriott
I am looking for any information regarding my Marriott ancestry in Surry County, VA between 1616 and 1800.
The earliest info I have dates to a thomas Warren, father of Alice Warren, who married Mathias Marriott.
Mathias and Alice became parents to William (my grandfather 5 times removed) and several other children that would be aunts and uncles a long way back!
Hope someone out there has knowledge of the Marriott/Warren connection.
Thanks to whomever in advance...

Sincerely,

Dianne Salyer

Mathias Marriott oo Alice Warren

Wm. W. Williams (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Marriott, Warren
Dianne,

I am descended from Mathias & Alice (Warren) Marriott through William & Sarah (Collier) [M]; Thomas & Elizabeth (Warren) [M]; Thomas Jr. & Elizabeth (Suggert) [M]; Edgecomb & Hettie (maiden name not known) Marriott. Edgecomb lived and died in Morgan County, MO. We have his descendants. Bill Williams wmwwms@laurie.net

MARRIOTTs in Surry

Elaine Young (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Marriott
I can share some notes I took long ago but haven't been able to follow up on --

MARRIOTT wills Surry(from VA Wills/Admins 1632-1800)
William 1673a,
Matthias 1707w,
William Jr 1755w,
William 1767w,
William 1770i,
Matthias 1774w

I have Margaret MARRIOTT who married Robert FLAKE as the daughter of Matthias b 1642 d 2 Sep 1702 Smith's Fort, Surry. He was son of William and married Alice WARREN. That is all I have and I don't trust it yet!

Elaine

Thomas Warren/Elizabeth Spencer

Posted: 19 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2003 11:26PM GMT
Surnames: Warren
Thomas Warren of Surry County Virginia was my eighth great grandfather. Elizabeth Spencer was his second wife, my eighth great grandmother having been Jane Allen. There is some information in the book Purse and Person, First Families of Virginia about Thomas and Elizabeth and their children. You might find what you are looking for there. I also have the Warren line going back as far as 90 AD. Thomas was descended from a line of Frankish Kings. Would be happy to share this information if you like. Also know quite interesting things about Thomas and Elizabeth and her father.

Thomas Warren/Elizabeth Spencer

Dottie Giddens (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Warren
I am also a descendent of Thomas Warren of Surry County, VA. I descend thru his marriage to Elizabeth Spencer via their daughter Elizabeth Warren who married John Hunnicutt. I can take the Warren line back to the 1400's with no actual date prior to 1546. I would definitely be interested in your information and sources on the continuation of this line backwards. I would also be interested in the "quite interesting things about Thomas and Elizabeth and her father" who I have recently learned is considered an "ancient planter". Thanks in advance for this information.

Re: Thomas Warren/Elizabeth Spencer

C. Ziegler (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2001 6:14PM GMT
I have Warren ancestry way back, but not throught the Warren surname line. Do have have anything on them back before the Mayors of Dover?

Posted: 19 Aug 2001 2:55AM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2003 11:26PM GMT
I have a lot of history on the Warren line. However, I am not sure who the Mayors of Dover are. Enlighten me as to that and I will see what I can do! mmoss

C. Ziegler (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2001 9:10PM GMT
William Warren d. 1506 -- Mayor of Dover 1493
had
John Warren b. c1500 d. c1549 -- Mayor of Dover several years between 1525 & 1540
had
Thomas Warren b. c1525 d. 1591 -- Mayor of Dover several years between 1549 & 1575
had
John Warren b. 1461 d. 1613 or 1617 m. Anne Crafford
had
William Warren b. 1597 d. c1631 m. Catherine Gookin
has
Thomas Warren "immigrant to VA 1640)

Re: MARRIOTTs in Surry

Posted: 8 Sep 2001 10:33PM GMT
Edited: 15 Dec 2002 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: Marriott Warren's
Note to Elaine Young regarding the Surry Co. Marriotts.
All of the info you stated is trustworthy and is proved documentation, except about Mathias Marriott #1. (THAT HIS FATHER WAS WILLIAM; OR MAJOR WILLIAM MARRIOTT) That is what I have always suspected is true and makes logical sense; but I haven';t been able to document it yet. Could you tell me how to find out for sure, or where I could get the information,(Wills etc.) showing that William Marriott is in fact most probably Mathias Marriotts father? (That is Mathias the first)! You can email me directly:
Ricky57@aloha.net

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions