Search for content in message boards

william hallam

william hallam

Posted: 8 Sep 2005 5:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hallam:Apple:Nale
I have received a death certificate for William Hallam hoping it would be of my great grandfather. It is not as far as I can tell.
Hoping this info might help someone else.
Edwards County Illinois
William Hallam died on Jan 11th of 1933. He worked on that date as a farmer. his parents are listed as unknown.
He is male, white, married, wifes name is Mrs. Mable Hallam.
william was born april 4 of 1858 and died at 74 years 9 months and 7 days
William was buried in Mt Zion Illinois on jan 13th 1933.
undertakers last name was Nale, the name of the funeral home is too blurry to read but it is in Albion Illinois. Information given by Mrs. Wm Hallam of Albion Illinois.
cause of death Appo? due to cerebral hemm??? (blurry)
signed by E.L. Apple of Albion Illinois
registered jan 31 of 1933 in Albion.
If anyone would like a copy of this please reply.

Re: william hallam

Posted: 12 Apr 2008 12:33AM GMT
William J Hallam was a half brother to my grandfather, Alvia Oscar Hallam. William's mother was Mary Ann Tait and my grandfather's mother was Elizabeth Wilson. Alva Oscar was not his birth name...I believe it was Allen Oscar...found that on the 1900 census form. He changed his name to Alvia about the time he went into the ministry.

I have a letter written by their father after Mary Ann Tait died in April 1872. Old William didn't waste any time courting someone new. This letter was written to Ann in Sep 1872. I do not know Ann's last name but evidently she did marry William and they had a child named Herbert, born Apr 1879. Then in 1882 he married Elizabeth Wilson. The letter is several pages and in sad shape but the manner of his writing is of the old school. The old man really knew how to charm a young lady.

yes, I would like a copy of the death certificate for William Hallam. Let me know if you would like a copy of the letter.

Barbara J Harper

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 4:04PM GMT
well my name is ashley hallam soooooo ur a part of my family tree :)

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 4:25PM GMT
Surnames: hallam
Barbara, I see it has been quite a while since you put in this reply. I just received it! I would like to send a copy of the death cert if you still want it after all this time.
come to find out I am pretty sure this William is my grandfathers father. I have not had time for the Hallam side of the family research of late.
You can click on my lastonestanding and send me a message and I will mail out a copy.
I have not time for research today but hope to get to your letter soon and figure out who married who and when.
take care,

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 4:27PM GMT
Surnames: Hallam
Ashley, are you researching the family tree? Starting a family chart? If so hope you are enjoying the hobby of genealogy.

Posted: 13 Feb 2009 12:01AM GMT
Which William Hallam are you looking for?

Posted: 27 Feb 2009 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Hallam
Barbara Harper
I would like to send you out that death certificate but have not received answer or address. Please email me soon if you still want it. This William Hallam is my family.
regards to you

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 1:04AM GMT
I am only a few years off but just found this. It could be the William Hallam you have was married to Mabel Vella Trees. William Earl Hallam is the great grandfather of my daughter Linda. Her grandfather was William Evans Hallam Sr. Her father is William Evans Hallam jr. (whereabouts unknown) Have information on WE Hallam sr. if you need it.
I just copied what you wrote to put with Linda's things.
Have a great day! Kari

Posted: 25 May 2012 5:56PM GMT
im Bill Hallam jr . Vella died 1922 in Chicago. william Earl Hallam was my grandfather. Wm E.Hallam sr was murdered 1994 in cal.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions