Search for content in message boards

descendents of Daniel Kennelly b.1775 Ire.

descendents of Daniel Kennelly b.1775 Ire.

Posted: 22 Feb 2000 2:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Oct 2002 4:34AM GMT
Surnames: Kennelly, Kennelley, Kinley, Shannon
Hoping to find my Kennelly/Kennelley/Kinley cousins. I am willing to share information. My Daniel was b. 12-24-1775, Ireland m.1802 in Hagerstown Md.Jane Shannon,Mercersburg, Pa. They settled in Centre Co. and had 16 children, who spread out to other area's.

Kennelly's in New York

Mary Parker (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2000 8:21AM GMT
Surnames: Kennelly, Hare
Hello there! Would you willing to give the names of the 14 children? Do you have any idea where they settled ? I am stuck on my gggrandfathers parents. I have a J.B. Kennelly in Steuben County New York which is in the southern area. About 4hrs from Hagerstown. The J. I think stood for John ( lots of Johns) He owned a shoe store. But before Stueben County they Lived in Birdsall New York for a little while but before that I am unsure. He married a woman by the name of Hare. If any of this rings a bell please let me know. Thanks so much.

Kennelley

Posted: 22 Dec 2000 4:10PM GMT
Edited: 1 Dec 2001 3:58PM GMT
Dot, You have Daniel and Jane marrying in 1802; on the affidavit I received from the Wash. Co., MD office, they were married May 26, 1803. Also, there was another message on our Daniel from an Ellen Foley. Did you see it? Dee

Kennelley Family

Posted: 17 Jan 2001 12:31AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2002 4:40AM GMT
Hi Dee, good to see you're still climbing the tree.Would love to hear from you. Email me at Irishlovey@aol.com let me know how you are. Would like to know if you're going to Ireland this year. We're thinking of going. Never been there. Would like some pointers, also good prices. Is it best to go by tour? Lets hear from you. Dottie

Kennelley

Posted: 17 Jan 2001 10:06AM GMT
Surnames: Yoder, Lott, Love, Kennelley
Hi, Good to hear from you. I now have the Yoders all the way back to Switzerland but that isn't yours. Also, though, I have the Lotts all the way back to Holland and that comes through the Love,Kennelley lines. and all is dodumented.I am now working actively
on the Kennelleys.
Can't make anywhere for awhile; have been quite ill for 3+ yrs and just getting back in shape. Right this minute am in D.C. as my job as Registrar General Colonial Dames XVII Century. My term is up in April - a long 4 years! And, it was hard at times to get through the times. Will be home on the 19th.,never gave a thought to the Inaugration so will miss that. This city is closed down practically getting ready for the event. My new address: 3 Old Canal Way, Weatogue, CT 06089-9687 (southern section of Simsbury). Phone: (860)651-9199. Will write later. Dee

Kennelley/Kinley Families

Posted: 7 Feb 2001 8:50PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2002 4:40AM GMT
Hi Dee,good to hear from you. Sounds like you've been a busy gal. Hope you're feeling better.I've sent for my Pass Port. Want to go to ireland sometime this yr. I thought maybe in June. Will you be going over this yr?Don'y know whether to go by tour, but am thinking of going on my own, as I want to do more than sightseeing. Any idea's? Cuz Dottie Cote

Kennelley/Kinley

Posted: 8 Feb 2001 3:19PM GMT
Hi Dot: Nope, can't make it this yr. My next trip will be to New Zealand as I want to see my girlfriend at least one more time; her cancer has returned.
If this is your first trip to Ireland, it is always best to go with a tour, then next time you will know all the rules, etc. and can start off on your own. But, that is to each person's perogative.
Concentrate on Cork but start any research in Dublin at the Archives, etc. A visit to "Inside Ireland" offices in Phoenix Park in Dublin would help, too. I used to subscribe but didn't renew this last time. Brenda is the owner/publisher and her staff is very helpful. They usually have an excellent genealogist that works with their subscribers so they could put you in touch with him, too. And, they have great guidelines for what to do and where to go for your research.
Hope you have a good trip. Let me hear from you. In Dublin, ride up the mountain and visit the Fox Pub.
Love, Dee

Re: Kennelley/Kinley

Posted: 20 May 2003 9:14PM GMT
Edited: 4 Apr 2006 2:54AM GMT
Hi Dee, I don't recall reading this message before, altho I think you sent me an email with some of the message. We didn't go to Ireland when we'd planned, other things prevented us from doing so. Now everything is heading in the right direction. All plans have been made. We fly out of Toronto, Ca. this coming June 19, 03, on a tour of Ireland; and come home, July 4th. That's been my life-long dream. Would enjoy hearing from you. I have been doing private duty about 5 days a week; 12 hour shifts this past year. [too much for this old gal] Soon I'll be on 3-4 day shifts, 12 hrs. which is why I haven't been able to concentrate on the family genealogy as much as I would love too. Hope you and your's are in the very best of health. Your cousin,
Dorothy (Kennelley/Kinley Aulenbacher....Cote
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions