Search for content in message boards

Scoggins family in California

Scoggins family in California

Kenneth Scoggins (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2000 3:20PM GMT
I am looking for information on Scoggins' around Merced or Turlock. We think my gr. gr. grandfather moved to this area a long time ago but we do not have a name. He lived with a woman named Hullie or Hully Palmer around Blackgum or Vian, Oklahoma. Any information would really be appreciated. My grandfather's name was Jessie Scoggins, Born in 1899.

Scoggins from Merced, Ca.

Mary Frances Scoggins Makinson (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2001 9:25AM GMT
My gr grandfather was "grampa Charlie" Charles Alburn Scoggins, His son Jesse Alburn was my grandpa. Gr Grandpa Charlie died here in Merced, Ca. (can get an exact date later) My grandpa Jesse Alburn Scoggins married Vida (? can't remember last name) had 2 children. My dad Charles Alburn and Erma, and his family came from Stigler, OK My grandfather Jesse was always trying to locate family, but 30 yrs ago it was a little harder searching. If you would like, I can find out exactly how many bros and sisters my grandpa Jesse had and their names and info. My father is Charles Alburn Scoggins and lives in Cressey Ca. He married Gloriann Nunes, and has 5 children, Patricia Ann McClain, Charles Alburn (died of cancer at age 17) Clifford Allen, (me) Mary Frances, and Christopher Adam. I'm very interested in finding out more info about the family.

Scoggins family

Posted: 18 Feb 2001 4:36PM GMT
Hi Mary,
It is so good to hear from you. I would be happy to talk with you and maybe we have common family.
Since I posted this message I have learned more about my grandpa. His name was Jess William and born at Blackgum, Oklahoma which is now located on Tenkiller Lake. His mother's name was Hulda Palmer. She had 3 children by 3 men and we don't know a lot about her because the kids did not go around her because from more than 1 source "she was a mean old woman." From what I am told, she named the male children after their father. He had a brother and a sister, but the brother was killed in a bank robbery in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. I do not know the date.
My dad tells a story about taking grandpa to see some of his relatives he had found somewhere around Stigler at one time. I do not know if it was Palmer's or Scoggins family. My uncle was in California, probably in the 50's or early 60's and was told of a man who might have fit the description of my gr. grandfather. It was said that this man had a son I believe by the name of Jess or James and that he had spoken of a child or children in Oklahoma. My uncle went to this man's house but did not go to the door. Somehow the information that we have is that he either worked on a ranch or owned a ranch around the Merced or Turlock area. I talked to a lady in that area and she said that is a big raching area.
I do not know if this adds anything to help you but I hope it does. I am going to visit the Oklahoma Historical Society to see if I can come up with a birth record on my grandfather. If any of the names match, I will contact you again.
Thank you for the information. Please, if you have any more information or if I can help you, you can contact me at kscog31254@aol.com.
Kenneth Scoggins

SCOGGINS (MARY FRANCES)

LUCILLE WHITE (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2001 12:57PM GMT
MARY, GO TO BENZIGER.NET YOU WILL FIND INFORMATION ALL THE WAY BACK TO WILLIAM RILEY SCOGGINS. HOPE THIS WILL HELP. I AM YOUR DADS COUSIN.

Scoggins in Oklahoma

Posted: 22 May 2001 3:32PM GMT
Yes I would like to discuss the Scoggins family with you. I am currently searching for any relatives but have been hitting a dead end. Please let me know all the info you have and if you need info, I will visit the Oklahoma Historical Society and try to find info you may need.
Thanks for your help,
Kenneth Scoggins
kscog31254@aol.com

Re: SCOGGINS (MARY FRANCES)

Posted: 18 Apr 2005 3:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Scoggins
I hope that you are still researching. I have recently heard from family who tell me that I may be related to a William Riley Scoggins from Stigler, OK. Does this ring a bell? If so, please contact me @ kenneth.scoggins@cox.net.

Re: Scoggins from Merced, Ca.

Posted: 18 Apr 2005 3:40AM GMT
I talked to a lady in Stigler with the last name of Clarkson, do you recognize this name? She is a Scoggins. Her grandfather was William J. or William Riley. Can you help?

Re: SCOGGINS (MARY FRANCES)

Posted: 11 Apr 2010 2:31PM GMT
i am looking for patty scoggins, i am sandra smith mccoy from cressey.

Posted: 30 Nov 2011 4:17AM GMT
Hi. I would like to get in contact with my best friend from 6th-10th grades, Patty Scoggins. My family moved away from the Ballico/Cressey area in 1976. I remember Patty's family. You must be her younger sister who went by Francie. I know Patty married a Ronnie McClain. I lost touch with her shortly after that time. Thank you.

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 3:58PM GMT
My name is tracey scoggins I wound like to talk to you. My e-mail scogginstracey@yahoo.com I have been trying to find family members on the scoggins family My husben Grand father name was Jesse Scoggins from Blackgum Oklahoma
per page

Find a board about a specific topic