Search for content in message boards

Moses & Ann Tanner Smith

Moses & Ann Tanner Smith

Posted: 18 Sep 2005 4:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Nov 2005 12:30AM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Tanner, Winters, Wilson
Looking for any descendants of Moses & Ann Tanner Smith who resided in Jay County in Wayne Township..children were...Richard James, George Washington, Spencer Little (CW vet), Susannah Elizabeth, John Tanner, William Francis, (Civil War Vet), Rhoda Ann, Lydia Ann, Jessie Albert, and my great grandfather Charles Moses who married Lucena Winters.who was born in Mercer County, Ohio. Charles Moses worked for the local Portland newspaper a number of years.

Re: Moses & Ann Tanner Smith

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2006 10:20PM GMT
Surnames: Tanner, Willson, Spade, Miller, Pingry
You listed a John Tanner as the son of this Moses. He is my father's Uncle and married into the Willson family,
they never had children and moved to Michigan and no doubt died there.

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2006 10:23PM GMT
Error in that last message. Ann Tanner's brother was the John Tanner instead.

Danette Hamilton (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2006 1:54PM GMT
My great-great-greatgrandparents were Spencer Little and Clarinda (Finch) Smith. I have some information on him and his children and their children, etc. I would be willing to share info with you. At this point, the only thing I have on Charles Moses Smith is his date of birth, death date, and burial date. He is buried at Green Park Cemetery, I plan to photo his stone if I find it. I don't have e-mail at home, I go to my dad's and use his. So may take a few days to get back to you. I would like to hear from you, maybe we could help each other.

Mark Smith (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2006 4:18PM GMT
Hello, It is nice to hear from you Danette, I think we could share some information, I have quite a bit on Charles Moses who was my great grandfather. I also have pictures of Moses and Ann Tanner Smith and a very early ambrotype (circa 1858) of who I believe to be Moses Smith's mother Susannah Wood, as well as Charles Moses and his family and if you want I could send you some images via email, do you have any pictures of Spencer Little or any pictures of his brothers, sisters and parents? I would like to obtain a copy of William Francis Marion's picture who was a Civil War soldier and spent a number of years in the rebel prisons. Send me your email so we can share information.......Mark Smith

Danette Hamilton (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2006 10:34PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
Mark, I have a William Francis Smith's obit and photo of his tombstone. I have Mary McFadden and his marriage return also. I have a copied photo of him that I got from a book at the Jay Co Library. I have a picture of Clarinda Finch Smith, wife of Spencer Little and her obituary. I have a photo of Clarinda and Spencers tombstone. I have birth and death dates for most of the other siblings from this book at Jay Co. Library, but haven't yet confirmed them. I have separate copied photos of Moses and Nancy (Tanner) Smith and of Spencer Little Smith. I'm afraid I'm not real good at scanning and e-mailing my stuff. If you don't get with this let me know. My e-mail address is sillygoose@insightbb.com, I live in Pennville, Jay Co., IN. Where do you live. Danette
Attachments:

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 4:03AM GMT
I am descended from Moses and Ann Tanner through their son William F. Smith and his second wife Mary McFadden. Their son Homer Smith was my grandfather. He and Gertrude Metz Smith had 10 children. One is still living.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions