Search for content in message boards

Francis Marion Wise

Francis Marion Wise

Lee Craker (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2003 5:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wise, Phillips, Craker
Looking for info on Francis Marion Wise of MO.
A Civil War veteran.
He Married a Phillips. I’m trying to find the proper connection between the Phillips he married and Nate Bennet Phillips who became “Pike” an early explorer and guide in Yosemite Valley. He is buried at the Wawona Lodge, next to a grave simply marked Sergeant. I have letters he wrote to his mother Izada? (Poor spelling),
Francis Marion was my G.G. Grandfather on my grandmother’s side. I’m also confused as to whether his 7 sons were … or his brothers were … Jimmy, Joe, Jackie, Ben, Billy, Wiley, Mackey……I had to memorize them as a kid because someone was named after all his uncle’s therefore his name was Jimmy Joe Jackie Ben Billy Wiley Mackey, Wise.
Thanks
Lee

Re: Francis Marion Wise

Posted: 12 Feb 2005 4:05AM GMT
Edited: 23 Dec 2005 8:16PM GMT
Surnames: Wise
what are the dates on your Francis Marion Wise? my great great grandfather's name was Francis Marion Wise b. 19.Jun.1869.

Posted: 17 Apr 2005 3:56PM GMT
I have a Frances Marion Wise b. (1846) Tenn. married Nancy J. Phillips b. ( 1846) Mo. His mother-in-law was Elzada Phillips b.(1816) according to 1880 cencus. Frances and Nancy had 5 children that I know of. In 1870, 1880 ,1900 and 1910 cencus they were in Buck Prairie, Lawrence Co. Missouri. I hope this will help you, If you need more information I have more on the Wise side.

Posted: 17 Apr 2005 4:01PM GMT
I forgot to add about sons and brothers. Only know of one son James, Brothers, Benjamin, John William, James, Wiley, Wriley, Stephan McGarety(aka Step Mack),and Joseph.

K.Carpenter (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2006 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Wise, Phillips, Price, Bledsoe
Are you still seeking information on Francis Marion Wise's children and parents? I am a descendant and have some information.

Posted: 26 Oct 2006 10:09PM GMT
K Carpenter, I have been working on the ancestry of Francis Marion Wise's Family. I am a descendant of 1)John/Sarah 2) John William/Emily 3)James Wesley/Sarah(Sallie) 4) Roy. I have found alot of the families Grave sites and found Francis Marion's Death Certificate which states that Francis Marion Wise's mothers maiden name as being Sarah 'Ross' and would like further information on anything that you could help with.

Thanks

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 8:29AM GMT
my grgrandmother was
Elzada Phillips and she married to james phillip she had daughter and her name nacey jane PHillips 1902 – 1979 married MALVIN HAYCRAFT 1897 – 1960
and i can not fine much out about them this my family andi am the last liveing

Posted: 15 Nov 2009 4:58PM GMT
The Alzada Phillips that I have says that she was never married. I will double check. Was your family from Missouri and if so what area.

Posted: 16 Nov 2009 2:22PM GMT
this is what i know as fact off my grandmother certificater of death her father was James Phillips married to Elzada phillips i do not know her maiden name is my grgrand mother
my grandmother nancy jane haycrafty she is burried in Taylor Cemtery litchfield ky burried with my grandfather mavin haycrafty now dose any one know any thing i need help

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 8:55PM GMT
Surnames: John/Sarah Wise
I am a descendent of 1)John Wise/Sarah 2) John William/Emily 3)Sarah/Henry Bier hoping to find more information about John/Sarah and John William/Emily. Any contacts would be helpful. Thanks, Carolyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions