Search for content in message boards

Solomon or Shadrack Nettles mar. Margaret (?)

Solomon or Shadrack Nettles mar. Margaret (?)

Posted: 23 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 4:44PM GMT
Surnames: NETTLES, JUSTICE
Looking for info on:
1782 NETTLES SHADRACH Rutherford County NC       NC Early Census Index NCS1a2278798

and checking to see if he is the one that married a "Margaret" (he was b. est. 1753-1783.) I have also been sent info that Margaret's first husband's name was SOLOMON, not SHADRACK/SHADRICK/SHADRAC.... would appreciate some documentation of either....

They had the following children:

2 i. William (1783->1850)

3 ii. Dorcas (1783-1794)

4 iii. Matilda (1783-1794)

5 iv. Shadrach (1803-)

6 v. Sarah (1805-1841)

After his death (died abt 1824), Margaret mar. Amos J. JUSTICE. The above dau. Sarah NETTLES mar. Amos JUSTICE's son, JOHN D. JUSTICE (step siblings). I am descended from Sarah and Amos and have lots on the JUSTICE line, but not much on the NETTLES... Would appreciate any help in clarifying the first name of Margaret's first husband and any background on him.... I've been sent info saying that Margaret's 1st husband was both names with no verifications, documentations or confirmations to prove either. Am trying to pin down some sort of verification.....

Any help is certainly appreciated!! Will be glad to exchange info!

Lanita

Re: Solomon or Shadrack Nettles mar. Margaret (?)

Trace Bowers (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2005 3:31PM GMT
Surnames: Nettles, Ashworth, Merrill, Whitaker
I too have a similiar Shadrack Nettles. Unfortunately I have no record of a wife. He was born 1755 in Rutherford County and died around 1824. He had one child that I have been able to find. Celia Nettles. She was born Apr 10 1778 and md John Ashworth in 1798. There are some family tree's that list Shadrack's father as a William Nettles. But alas no way to verify this. Maybe we can make a connection some how. Until then good luck.

William, Jr, Shadrack and Jesse Nettles Tried for Treason

Posted: 5 Feb 2007 6:56AM GMT
Source: MORGAN DISTRICT NC SUPERIOR COURT OF LAW & EQUITY; Misc. Records, Book III..transcription of court proceedings against suspected Tories.

"State of North Carolina, Rutherford County. At a County Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions began and held for said county on the Second Monday of July in the year of our Lord one thousand Seven Hundred and Eight two, before the Worshipfull William Gilbert, James Whitrow & Jonathon Hampton and Other Justices asigned & Duly Commd. With full Power and Authority and Jurisdiction to hold the Said Court and to hear try and determine all petit larcency assault batteries trespasses breaches of the peace and Other Misdeamnors of What Kind So ever of an inferior nature AND also duly Authorised and Impowered by an Act of Assembly in such case made & provided to hear try adjudge & Determine all Cases of Confisfcated Property in the County aforesaid. The Jurors for the State on their Oath present & say that

William Mills, William Going, Arthur Taylor, Moses Whitly, Freeman Jones, Thomas Townsend, Phelemon Hankins, Joseph McDaniel, Jeremiah McDaniel, John Hendrix, James Kelly, James Lemar, William Adams Sen., Williams Adams Jr., James Upton, Benjamin Adams, Benjamin Adams Junr., John Morgan, Moses Wright, William Henson Jur., Giles Williams, Essex Capshaw, John McDaniel, Joseph Clark, John Thomason, John Owins, Thomas Gorge, William Thompson, Jeremiah Webb, John Walburt, Isaih Blackwell, William Webb, John Webb, Thomas Camp, Micajah Proctor, John Camp, James Camp, John Camp Jur., David Morgan, William Nettle Jr, Alexanter Colter, Joseph Moore, William Morgan, Thoms Goodbread, John King,Elias Morgan Senr., James Cook Senr., John Goodbread, GEORGE REVIS, William Duning, Phillip Goodbread Jur, Federick Jones, ISHAM REVIS, John Davice, Neel Wilye, Ambros Mills, George Davice, George Davice Jur., Gideon Rucker, Stophen Walburt, James Chitwood, Joseph Chitwood, Richard Chitwood, William Battle, James Capshaw, John Richardson, Stephen Langford, Joseph Lawrence, Joseph Underwood, Stephen Shelton, Andrew Poor, John Hutson, John Morris, William Hall, Shadrack Nettle, Tho. Whitesides, Elias Brock, Mark Powell, William Henry, Bama King, Giles Reynolds, Samuel Moore, Daniel Singleton, Jonas Bedford, Samuel Thompson, William Green, Isaac Cooper, Abel Langham, Benjamin Biggerstaff, Joseph Baily, Mupphord Wilson, Caleb Taylor, Peter Dills, George Cox Jur., Edward Francis, Shadrach Avery, Arthur Owensby, George Cox, John Jones, Samuel Hendrix, John & Joel Cox, David George, John Felts, Jesse Nettle, William Henson Sen., Brock Davice, James Patterson, William Shaphard, Benjamin Moored, William Capshaw, Robert Tayor of Whiteoak

all late of the County of Rutherford Planters, not reguarding the Duty of their Allegance to the said State & her laws of fearing the pains and penelties therein Contained on the first day of October in the year of Our Lord One thousand Seven Hundred & Eighty with force & Arms in the County aforesaid Wickedly & treacherously entending and and Designing as for as in them lay to Overturn the present free Government of this State & reduce the inhabitants thereof Under the Power of the Army of Great Britain then & now at Open War with this State and the United States of America did then & there with force and Arms feloinously & treacherously Knowingly & Willfully did aid & assist the said King by Joining his Army Commanded by Major Ferguson and by bearing Arms in the Service of the said King Against the Good Government Peace and Dignity of this State, and the Jurors aforesaid on their Oath aaforesaid do further Present & say that by their felony and treason by them respective in Manner & form aforesaid Committed have Severally forfeited their Goods & Chattles lands & tenements to the State according to a form of An Act of Assembly in Such Case made & provided A True Bill- William Porter foreman"
A true Copy of the inquisition found by the Grand Jury - certified by me
Fexlix Walker CC

Posted: 16 Feb 2010 5:55PM GMT
I am related to the Nettles family through Ashworths of NC. Have you learned any more about Shadrack?
Thanks

Posted: 19 Feb 2010 5:24AM GMT
I have added more to Shadrack. Check out my tree. Cherry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic