Search for content in message boards

Nickleberry's of Cass County Texas

Posted: 15 Apr 2008 2:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nickleberry, barber, warren,.....
My name is donna and I have been workin on my family history for a long time. Now I have started puting all the info together. I have put in over 3000 hours researching. My dad was james Nickleberry of Cass County. We are kin to the Booners, Barbers, Prices, Flodys, Warrens, Richardsons, Lees, Kings, Gastons, James, Mccoys, And many more. My dad died when I was a teen he didnt take us around the family much, because they lived so far away. What I remember of Cass County was through the eye of a child. My last visit was when I was abt 8. I hope you can help me with some of the missing names of family members. I want to know who we are as a people, and as a family.

Posted: 15 Apr 2008 11:19AM GMT
Surnames: Niclelberry
Why did you not respond to the Nickleberry, Bonner, etal posting that has been in effect 28 Feb 2005 thru 28 Feb 2008? Most people would have received an email alert. My friend Cynthia Gulley is the most knowledgeable person that I am aware of. Even the Nickelberrys with roots in Tennessee and Louisiana defer to her research. FYI: A family reunion is planned for August 2008. I am not in the family, but have been invited because of assistance provided in researching those roots. Include a personal email address in your reply, and I will forward it to Cynthia.

Posted: 15 Apr 2008 4:49PM GMT
Surnames: Nickleberry, Lee, Spence
I have a Lola Nickleberry on my tree from Cass county.Lola married Lola's daughter Nettie married my uncle, Burrell Lee. They lived in the community of Bethlehem. My father is a Lee, son of Edward Lewis Lee, son of Jake Lee. At first, they lived in Omaha, Morris County, then they moved to Cass County, community of Gethsemane. If any of these are on your tree, please give me a reply. Below are my numbers.

I wish you success on your tree.
Laverne Winn
972-227-5406 (H)
972-227-5187 (F)

Re: Nickleberry's of Cass County Texas

Posted: 15 Apr 2008 6:50PM GMT
Surnames: Nickleberry
Hi Donna,

I would love to talk with you about the Nickelberrys/Nickleberys. I began researching and compiling information on my family 10years ago.

I'll await to here from you.

Cynthia

Re:Nickleberry's of Cass County Texas

Posted: 16 Apr 2008 5:12AM GMT
My grandma is Cutee Nickleberry, she has been helping me as much as she can. She is 84 years old. I am looking for the slaveowners of the Nickleberrys. Their wills, and any land deeds that will list slave names.

Posted: 16 Apr 2008 7:01AM GMT
To answer your question why I didnot reply? Simple; I was not a member on this site at the time in which you are referring to, therefore I did not get the message. All of my research has been at the Dallas public library. Research materials: books, micro flims, newspapers and old family obits handed down from family members. When I started my search I was unaware that there were others looking. I did here about the James/Nickleberry reunion last year but I could make attend. I have been informed that there will be a 2008 reunion and I am look forward to being there.

Posted: 16 Apr 2008 12:42PM GMT
Surnames: Nickleberrys
Chill! We are only trying to help. You should have attached your first message to that site and checked the box "Send me an alert when anyone replies to this thread." Everyone on the site who had done likewise would have received an email alert. It's done! Let's move forward? Cynthia and I joke about Nickleberrys "popping up" out of nowhere. Welcome! And I am not even in the family!

Posted: 16 Apr 2008 3:44PM GMT
Edited: 16 Oct 2008 3:27PM GMT
Surnames: Nickleberry,
Hello,

I am familiar with your line. I know of your grandmother. I live in Plano. You can call me 214-392-7707.
I hosted the Nickelberry/Nickleberry reunion here in Dallas in 2006. As far as the slaveowners/wills/deeds etc are concerned, at this particular time it is still a work in progress. I have my theory but have yet to prove it however. My research as been at different libraries, and obtaining down through the years, oral interviews from various family members. I am from Douglassville/Marietta, but have been here in Dallas for years. I am a descendent of Crockett/Tip/Lola Nickleberry. Please feel free to call me at your convenience.

Cynthia

Posted: 17 Apr 2008 12:28AM GMT
Thank you for your your time in responding.

Posted: 19 Apr 2008 11:25AM GMT
Surnames: Nickleberrym, Lewis, Blanks
Peace and blessings unto you and your family. I may be related to you or your family on my mother's side. I was told that my grandmother was Emma or Emily Nickleberry. My mother was born in Naples Texas, Cass County. She was born from the union of Veatrice Lewis and Emma Nickleberry. My mother was Clotile Lewis and married Walter Blanks of Porterville, Mississippi. My mother was not raised by her mother Emma Nickleberry. I knew my grandfather but not my grandmother. I am Clotile's daughter and my name is Clotile Blanks I never knew my grandmothers. If you have any info kindly contact me ASAP at swyntha@sbcglobal.net. Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic