Search for content in message boards

Leininger or Leiningen

Leininger or Leiningen

Cecile Wehrman (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Leininger, Leiningen
Particularly looking from Leiningers from Alsace Lorraine or the region which is now Rhineland Pfalz.

Re: Leininger or Leiningen

Linda P Olds (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2003 4:23AM GMT
There is a book "An American History of the 1837 Leininger Family" by Georgene Gallagher that goes back involving alot in Alsace and in to German Lutheran Princes of the House of Leiningen microfilm # 1320515

Yolanda Landry (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2003 1:47AM GMT
Surnames: Leininger
How can I get a hold of this book. I am a Leininger from Peter's side of the family and from Iowa.

jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2004 7:49PM GMT
I am the granddaughter of a Herbert Edwin Leininger from Boone, Iowa. He married my Grandmother Lois Marie Stoneburner. Also from the Boone area. I have alot of family history concerning the Leininger's that are in Iowa. If you would like you can email me and maybe we can compare what we have and see if there are any of the same people on our family tree's. Or you can write to me by regular mail. My name is Jennifer Owens 504 West 15th Street North, Newton, Iowa 50208. I was born in Mason City Iowa in 1971 and my grandparents had a farm outside of Nora Springs Iowa. If this helps even just a tiny bit I would like to hear from you. The family history that I have on the Leininger's goes far past the civil war.Hope fully we can help eachother.

yolanda landry (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2004 2:01AM GMT
Surnames: leininger
jennifer, thx for ur repley on this family history. my grandfather was edwin howard leingerhe had a brother named dan who also lived in gilbert iowa and his desendents still live in the area and i know of other relatives who live around boone.my e-mail is teddybearLL@hotmail.com. my snail mail is 33808 kingston road. Kingston , il. 60145. my name is loni landry. Plz feal free to contact me either by mail or by regular mail. I also have a lot of old family pics from 1800's. A pic of the lieinger family home place farm out in gilbert to share.

Posted: 28 Jul 2007 9:58PM GMT
In 1964 I taught for the US Army in Verdun,France. At that time someone told me that there were Leiningers in the town, and/or nearby. They were excited that an American with their name was there. At that time, I did not know that much about the Leiningers from the Alsace area; my father and his brothers were "solid germans" from the Kitsingen area. Sorry, but you might look in that area.

Pat
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions