Search for content in message boards

Daicopoulos/Daikopoulos & Novis surnames from Vevi, Greece

Daicopoulos/Daikopoulos & Novis surnames from Vevi, Greece

Posted: 17 Oct 2002 8:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Apr 2003 4:37PM GMT
Surnames: Daicopoulos / Novis
Can any one verify these surnames from town of Vevi, Greece? Vevi is near larger town of Florina. Looking specifically for pedigree charts on Nicholas DAICOPOULOS or could be spelled DAIKOPOULAS and his wife, Stella NOVIS. 3 children born, Steve (or Steven or Stavre) b. 1955, Mary b. 1958 and John b. 1965. Stella died in 1980, but not sure if in Greece or Canada.

Thanks in advance.
Sally
info@cookecorp.com

Re: Daicopoulos/Daikopoulos & Novis surnames from Vevi, Greece

John Daicopoulos (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2003 8:14PM GMT
I am John Daicopoulos, son of Nicholas and Stella from Vevi. Your information is correct as written. My mother died September 7, 1979 in Toronto. Other possible name versions include: Daicos/Daikos and Daicoff.

If you would like more information just email me: jdaicopoulos@yahoo.ca

PS Why is there a "cookecorp" in your address. My brother Steve Daicos is the President - a connection??

Posted: 3 Jan 2003 9:14PM GMT
Edited: 30 Apr 2003 4:37PM GMT
Surnames: Daicos
Glad to meet you via the boards, John. I run the Cooke office. And I work with Steve. After talking with him about my hobby - genealogy - he asked if I'd post for him on the boards. You are my first response.

Ted Nitchov (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2003 5:45AM GMT
Surnames: daicos daicopoulos
For more information on family names from Vevi (the original Macedonian name is "Banitsa") please visit :

http://www.banitsa.com

spiro to Ted (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2003 11:51PM GMT

Posted: 8 Feb 2005 5:37AM GMT
Surnames: Daicopoulos (Daicoff)/Giannopolous (Geloff)
Sally, I am researching a family name of Giannapolous (americanized to Geloff). The sister of my relative named Geloff was living in Ontario in 1961 and went by the last name of Daicoff (americanized from Daicopoulos). She had a son named Nick Daicopoulos who also lived in Toronto, Ontario. My Geloff relative has a birth certificate that says he was born in Florina. I don't know if this is the same family or extended family as I have just begun to search this branch. Please provide any updated info you have found since your posting and I will send anything I find in the future.

Thanks!

Laverne Geloff

Flora (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2006 11:27AM GMT
Hello, my name is Flora Daikopoulos. I am the daughter of Aristotelis (Aris / Telis) Daikopoulos and grand-daughter of Stavros Daikopoulos.

Of course from Vevi. I dont know how I bumped into this site, but I was just wondering if anyone knows someone I can perhaps get some old pictures from. There must be somebody who has old snapshots where my dad is on... He used to play the drumbs at almost every wedding and other different occasions...

I`'d be glad if I get any response...

P.S. we lived in Hamilton for some years in the 80s....

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 10:52PM GMT
stella is my dedos (Christos Novis) sister.

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 12:43AM GMT
Surprising nobody corrected you.

The name is DIAKOPOULOS. Diakos is a "Junior" priest.
A child of Diakos IS DIAKOPOULOS the same way as a child of a Priest is Pappadopoulos.

Daico is a Japanese word. Also (if I am right) the name of Japanese vegetable.

Alternativelly (but highly unlikely) the name could be Dekopoulos (AI = E; E like in Peloponnese)

The name NOVIS is also highly questionable. I am not saying it does not exist but if it does exist than it is a highly modified version of the original name which was probably Venetian (perhaps Novello?)

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 1:41AM GMT
Novis was my mother's maiden name from Vevi who lived in Toronto.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic