Search for content in message boards

Would like to know more about my Barker Family

Would like to know more about my Barker Family

Posted: 4 Jul 2001 9:27PM GMT
If anyone out there can help, please do? I'm looking for anything on my Barker family. All I know is that my grandfather's name was James Elmo Barker. He married my grandmother Emma Lucille Smith (Barker).They had fourteen children. I knew of nine of them,the others were deceased. There names were Fay,James,known as Buddy or Jim,Marvin,Glenn,Robert,Virginia,Don,Lee,Johnny.If anyone has any information it would be appreciated.Thank You Regina Barker (Kaley)

Re: Would like to know more about my Barker Family

Posted: 5 Jul 2001 11:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Aug 2003 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Barker, Lee, Pennington,White, Penley, Napier, etc.
Hi Regina,
I would like to know what part of the USA your Barkers lived in. Mine are from Lee Co. Va. and Harlan Ky. hope we connect.
Carol(Barker)Hall
Cumberland, Ky. 40823 <carol@ure.net>

Posted: 6 Jul 2001 12:09AM GMT
Hi Carol,
My Barkers are in Kerrville,Irving,Texas. I think some were around Kaufman,and Tyler,Texas. Last time i knew of any of them was the year 1984.Uncle Johnny, I was told lived in Florida.Aunt Fay lived in St.Louis,Mo.Uncle Glenn lived in Norman,Oklahoma.My father passed away Feb.17,1984.That's the last time i've seen any of that family.Also Aunt Virginia lived in Ft.Worth,Dallas area for a number of years.So any information is greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Regina Barker (Kaley)

Posted: 6 Jul 2001 5:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Aug 2003 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Barker
I believe we can all connect if we stay in touch. Wish some one would start a Barker club and we all communicated.
Love Yeeeee Kuzzzzz.
Carol(Barker)Hall
Cumbetrland, Ky. +++40823 <carol@ure.net>

Posted: 7 Jul 2001 7:07PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jun 2005 11:26PM GMT
Surnames: Maternal: Barker, Chiles, Wilder, Harris, Murrell, Brewer, Roberts
Hi Carol,
My Barker family is from Lee County, Virginia and Hawkins/Handcock County, Tennessee. We probably have several links.

My great grandfather is George Washington Barker, born 1870, son of James Madison, born 1836, son of Henry (Stumpy Jack), born 1795, son of Charles C. Barker, born 1763 who was married to Frances Chilies, the daughter of Henry and Frances (Nevill) Chiles ...and on and on.

George Barker married Dorcus Wilder daughter of John Henry and Matilda (Harris) Wilder.

Joy

Posted: 7 Jul 2001 9:35PM GMT
Hello,
I don't know if there's any connection are not. I don't know anything about my Barker ancestor.The only real things I know are what's in my first message.My grandmother's maiden name was Smith. The only other thing i can think of is that my Grandpa Barker's mother was full aztec Indian.And when my Father was growing up they worked in the cotton field,in Texas,and maybe Arkansas.If I could find some of my Uncle's and Aunt's maybe they could give me some info. So if any of you are out there ,contact me.Fay,Marvin,Glenn,Robert,Charles Lee,Don,Virginia,Johnny.Or if any one also has any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Regina Kaley (Barker)

Posted: 7 Jul 2001 10:37PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jun 2005 11:26PM GMT
I don't believe I have any connections to the Texas Barkers that would be Aztec. It sure would be interesting to find out more about them though.
Joy

Karen Vine (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2001 6:49PM GMT
Surnames: Barker
I have Barker ancesters. The farthest back I can trace is Brooky Barker. I believe he was born about 1790 in what is know West Virginia. He went to Kentucky, married Margaret Crow on April 1, 1819 in Jefferson county Ky. In the 1850 census Brooky is married to Elizabeth. They were married July 11, 1840. Her maiden name was Chappell. Andrew JL Barker my ancestor was from the first marriage. He was born in Louisville about 1836. He served in the Navy during the Civil War and married a girl from Phila., Jennette Graves.
They lived in Philly except when their daughter Helen Pauline was born. She was born in Napoleon, Arkansas. Helen is my
greatgrandmother. They moved back to Philly. The other children were Susanna, Jenette, Andrew, Edward and Robert.
If any one can help me with any info it woul be greatly appreciated.

Karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions