Search for content in message boards

Fords of Arkansas

Fords of Arkansas

Posted: 27 Jan 2001 11:32AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 2:26PM GMT
My paternal FORD ancestors came to NW AR.in the late 1840s and descedants moved on to various parts of Ar. ENOCH Ford married Frances Evalene COVINGTON and the family are living in Crawford County in the 1860 and 1870 census with children JOHN W., born ca.1859 and Amanda J. ca.1862, and Frances E. 1864. Would like to locate any descendants of this Ford family. Thanks! Glynda/TX

Fords Born Around Time of Civil War

Posted: 9 Feb 2001 1:22PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 12:07AM GMT
This is a long shot. My great grandmother was Ella Ford-Rely, born in New Orleans during the Civil War. She was an orphan. She married Holles Newman of New Orleans and lived here until her death.

If you think there is any possible connection, you can reach me at gmgnola@hotmail.com
Posted: 11 Feb 2001 2:09AM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2002 12:37AM GMT
Was your Ford line any relation to a George Tennessee Ford, who died in Benton Co. Ar 6-24-1892? He was married to June Middleton Ford and had a son named John Harris Ford, but I do not have any sibling names. dee

John H. Ford/ Benton Co. Arkansas

Dee Ford/Arkansas (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2001 6:24PM GMT
I have a John H.Ford, born in 1835, married Eliabeth Lee, who is a native of Benton Co. AR. They had 10 children. He was the son of Richard/ Isabella Logan Ford. I have an article written on this family from Arkansas Memoirs, Benton County, if your interested. Please keep in mind that there is a Benton, Arkansas also, which is located in Saline Co., which is west of Little Rock. Benton Co.is located in Northwest section right near the Missouri/ Olkomaha border. There is 8 children listed 1.James A./ 2. Mary A/G. W. Reddenck 3. Polly/ T.L. Howell 4. John W. 5. Deliah 6. Lee 7. Joe 8. Tom. Richard, the father came from North Carolina. This is not part of my husbands family, I do research on all Ford's that I can and probably have 10 to 15 thousand if I ever get them listed alphb. If I can help let me know. Dee Ford/ Arkansas
E-mail tmodel@ipa.net
Posted: 15 Feb 2001 8:37AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 2:26PM GMT
Dee - I've never been able to connect my Ar. Fords with your Fords, however they may very well be related a generation or so further back since at least one my "Fords supposedly was born up near Pea Ridge." This was a statement from a dtg. of one of my great-uncles made when she was quite elderly. However my Fords who lived on the Benton/Washington County border of Ar., came there from Eastern Tenn., Grassy Cove community to be exact, which is about 9 miles out of Crossville TN., in Cumberland County. At the time they came to NW Ar. in 1846-48, this was in Bledsoe County TN. Their ancestor, my 3rd great-grandfather, John Ford SR. was born in Albermarle, Virginia in 1762 and moved to E. Tn. in 1801 with his Rev. War land grant. Please let me know if you find out anything connecting our Ford families and hanks for your input. Glynda Ellman/TX

George Tenn. Ford

Posted: 15 Feb 2001 7:50PM GMT
Edited: 23 Oct 2001 12:47AM GMT
Wife, Jane Baxter Middleton B Sept 26, 1812, D june 29, 1894 Children, Martha, William Joseph, John H. Sarah Harriett (april 4, 1834)

I have some info on George Tennessee and parents, but do not have any sibs of George T.

Darrel Ford

G. Tennessee

Posted: 15 Feb 2001 8:23PM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2002 12:37AM GMT
greetings, darrell. i descend from G.Tenn. through John Harris. His sone was Harvey John, not John H. which causes a lapse in the line on the website. trying to connect these two for everyone. I found sibs of George Tennessee (11 in all-nothing but names) but haven't been able to verify through the submitter. have additional children named Harvey, Henry, and Mary. thanks for the input. incidentally, YOUR date of birth for Jane matches mine, which does NOT match site, so you have verified what i originally had was correct. thanks! dee ford grisham jgrisham@bluebonnet.net
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 7:25AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 9:03PM GMT
I hope you can help me. I am looking for a Roberta B. Ford born 1881 in Benton County, AR. She had a sister, Rosa L., born 1887. I thought all along she was Aaron and Sarah's child but possibly John H and Mary E. Ford who were also in Sugar Creek Twnsp, Benton Co. My e-mail: wlonginhou@aol.com.
Many thanks! Wanda Long

Re: G. Tennessee

Posted: 7 May 2002 4:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Oct 2002 4:53AM GMT
Surnames: Ford, Herd, Middleton
I am descendant of George Tenn. Ford, through William J., than Anna J. then Vesta May. I am Lokking for any paper info you might have on any of these people. I only have dates from other posted trees, non of which give any documentation. I am looking for evidence to verify these dates, ect. Would love any info you have. Ex: I have Jane Baxter Middleton as G.T. Fords wife only because of posted tree from Darrel Ford. I can not contact him, so I would like more reliable info.
Thank you,

Re: G. Tennessee

Darrel Ford (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2002 4:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ford
Saw your posting, The Information I obtained came from other descendants and “History of Benton County”. Dorothy Ellis Ross submitted much of the information on George T. Ford. She lives in Garfield, AR. I do not have her address but you may be able to still find her. I spoke to her several years ago, however because of advanced age, her memory was not very clear. Mrs. Ross also published much information concerning the Ellis family. The census information for the 1800’s is available through Ancestry.com for Benton Co. and he should be easy to find in the information. Also I can send you a copy of the information Dorothy Ross submitted to the history collection. Will need your snail mail address. Hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions