Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Caleb Howell. 1710, S.C. and GA

Descendants of Caleb Howell. 1710, S.C. and GA

Posted: 31 Mar 2001 9:30AM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2002 7:16PM GMT
looking for any descendants of Caleb, once lived about 25 miles up river from Savannah. Born about 1710 in S.C. had grandsons, and great grandsons, migrated to what is now the Lucedale MS. and Mobile AL areas.

Caleb Howell

Posted: 1 Apr 2001 1:12PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 2:21AM GMT
I believe that I am a decendant of Caleb Howell, thru son Col. Daniel, son Samuel, son John Daniel. I have not been able to verify that my grandfather, William Louis Howell is the William L. on 1870 and 1880 census. as there is no 1890 census and by 1900 he had married and left Screven county Ga.If you have any information that would help verify this I would appreciate it. I would try to give you what has been told me. Thanks JLH
Posted: 2 Apr 2001 6:48AM GMT
thanks for your response. i do not have info at hand. as it is at the farm, and i live and work in the city. the names sound right. i will have to re-read what i have, to verify. will be a few days before i can do that. Feel free to e-mail, with any other questions you might have. where might you be located? and are you in touch with any other distant kin? have you been to the church in effingham co. where Phillip was christianed? in 1767 i believe was the year.? i understand some of the HOWELLS still come there for the annual homecoming.

Caleb Howell

Posted: 2 Apr 2001 10:29AM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2002 2:37AM GMT
I'm a descendant of Caleb through his son
William H. Howell. William had two sons that
became doctors, William Forbes Howell and
Caleb Monroe Howell. William F. was my great
great grandfather. He married Mary Levitia
Weatherford, daughter of Billy Weatherford,
famed Creek Indian chief who fought Andrew
Jackson in the Creek War of 1812/1813.
I have much data on the families of William
H. and William F.

Caleb 1710

Posted: 2 Apr 2001 6:37PM GMT
thanks for your interesting response. when i get back to my papers, i would like to see if i can exchange some info with you. as i would be interested in a near future correspondence.

Caleb Howell

Posted: 2 Apr 2001 6:46PM GMT
I am located in southcentral Fl. Lakeland, I have not checked any records in Effingham Co. Only Sylvasnia and Statsboro. Found Cem. where John Daniel and Amelia Howell in buried. Jackson Bapt. Cem. so of Sylvania. Found my dad's bro. at Calvert Al.Record of Gr.parents marriage at Screven Co. ct house.Some land records of Caleb and Daniel from Anson Co. N.C. Only one cousin I know of living he knows very little. Bro of William Louis is buried in Avon Park Fl. Don't have much. Which Phillip were you speaking of? Caleb's son? Waiting to hear from you. JLH
Posted: 2 Apr 2001 6:56PM GMT
i believe the Phillip is a grandson of Caleb. as there were several Phillips in this line. hope to correspond with you soon.

Caleb Howell

Posted: 2 Apr 2001 8:03PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2002 2:37AM GMT
Will be happy to exchange data. Feel free to
contact me at my e-mail: windes5@aol.com
My line descends through Caleb Sr, then Caleb
Jr., to William Henry Howell. I don't know if
I made that clear. We still have the medical
diploma from the Univ. of Pennsylvania for
Dr. William F. Howell, dated 1836. He married
Levitia Weatherford in 1842, possibly at the
Sellers Plantation in Wilcox County, Alabama.
C.C. Sellers was bondsman for the marriage.
George Windes Brea, CA

Caleb Howell

Posted: 6 Apr 2001 6:18PM GMT
Saw your message on message board Howell surnames; Am interested in finding the full name of both wives of Caleb and Col Caleb. My line is thru Col. Daniel Howell. Puzzeled at your reply. Dixon Hollingsworth record said that Col. Caleb had sons named William Forbes and Caleb Monroe.There were three Calebs at that time in Ga. Caleb Sr. Col. Caleb and his brother Col. Daniel had a son named Caleb and was called Caleb Jr. so as not to be confused with his uncle Col. Caler. Do you have any information on the Col. Daniel's family. Am trying to verify my Gr. Dad's family. Any help would be very appreciated. JLH jlmehowell@cs.com

in response to James Howell

Posted: 7 Apr 2001 2:05AM GMT
Hello James, please read the replies from George Winds, to me, 2 repliess dated 4-2-01. he is kin to you as well.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic