Search for content in message boards

researching surnames

researching surnames

Larry Klauser (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Klauser, Rothbauer
I have traced the Klauser and Rothbauer surnames back to 1640 in the area of Haberles (Ovesne), Chrobold (Chroboly), and Frauenthal (Frantoly). I am looking to connect with anyone researching the same names from the same area. I am also very interested in finding a book or books that deal with the history of this area. I am also planning a trip to this area in 2001 and would like some recomendations for must see attractions and possible genealogy research sources. Thanks

chorboly

sarah weatherby (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Could you please tell me where chorblod or chorboly is located.
Thank you
Sarah weatherby

Chroboly

Marie Jancikova (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Chroboly
Chroboly is a small village located near the town Prachatice (about 9 km) in the Southern Bohemia in Czech Republic

Kneifls in Chroboly

judy schrader (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kneifl, Lerch, Kurz
I am not sure that this is what I should do in this site, but just in case I can find information about the Kneifl or Kneifel families who may have lived in the Chroboly area at one time, I am writing. One of the Kneifl men was Martin who married Johanna Lerch, also from the area. The Kneifl patriarch was Jacob who was married to Theresa Kurz. I would like any information I can get.

Re: Kneifls in Chroboly

Posted: 21 Jan 2002 4:27AM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2003 6:55PM GMT
I am just starting research on my husband's family but his grandmother was a Kneifel and she had a "book" about a Martin Kneifel who's father was Jacob. They lived in La Crosse County, WI in 1869. As I've said, I just started and have no other information at this time about when they immigrated or where they came from exactly. I have a few leads and plan to continue my research. You may email me directly at LilyWham @aol.com if you wish.
Mary

Re: Kneifls in Chroboly

Posted: 27 Sep 2002 4:24PM GMT
Surnames: Kneifel, Blaschke
Well, it seems that there are at least 3 of us in this huge world of the internet that are researching the Kneifel family. My GGrandmother was Ann Kneifel Blaschke b) 13 July 1864 in Frauenthal, Czechoslovakia d) 16 Jan 1929 in Bomarton TX and resided in Rhineland TX while married to Joseph / Joe Blaschke. Could she possibly be connected to your Kneifels?

Thanks for replying.
Cloyce :-)

Re: Kneifel relatives of Anna Kneifel Blaschke

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 6:40AM GMT
I just saw your post dated in 2002. Your Great Grandmother, Anna Kneifel Blaschke is my Great Grandfather, Louis Kneifel's sister. He lived and died in the Shiner/Moulton area. Her other brother Frank Kneifel lived in Shiner/Moulton and then moved with his family to Yorktown. My dad left a note about his relatives that referenced Anna (who lived in Bomarton!)and Frank immigrating shortly after Louis did. I have a few pictures of Louis and have seen the picture of Anna on her tombstone, but would love to see more pictures of her.

I am crossing my fingers that this note still finds you - I would love to hear from you. I am traveling to Europe in March with several family members to see the villages of origin for the Kneifels and Blaschkes and your post gave me an elusive piece of the puzzle - the village of origin for this family of Kneifel siblings - Frauenthal.

FYI - Louis' daughter, Katherine Biermeier married Ferdinand Blaschke. In my dad's note he states that Anna's husband Joe Blaschke was a different line of Blaschkes. I would love to know what you know about that!

Best Regards,
LaVerne Blaschke Dysart
210-490-5596
laverne.dysart@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic