Search for content in message boards

Ten Generations In America

Ten Generations In America

Posted: 12 May 2010 4:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a family history on Lodowick Hoxie and descendents down to 1950's. The information of the the first five generation are from L.R. Hoxie of Ukiah Oregon. Further work was completed by Derrick Antill Hoxie, Portsmouth, Virginia.

Derrick was a cousin to my grandmother May Queen Smith Guess.

Names/branches mentioned; Charles W. & Harriet Dorlesca Jones Hoxie, Thomas family, Disney, McCorkel, Wright, Butterfield, Smith, Schumann, Miller, Curran, Felch, Guess, Malaise, Bois, Fleming, Hammond and Mann.

I have some pictures of ancestors of the family and some correspondence. I have just started sorting so not sure what all is there but willing to share.
Brian

Re: Ten Generations In America

Posted: 14 May 2010 12:33PM GMT
Surnames: Burdick, Hoxie
Don't forget the Burdick Clan. Many married Hoxies in the 18th and 19th centuries.

Posted: 10 Jan 2011 9:55PM GMT
Surnames: HOXIE,CAMPBELL
I am looking for information on WILLIAM HOXIE,born in Vermont in 1812. Father was Colson Hoxie. Wife was Harriet ??. He was in Lasalle Cty., Illinois in 1850 with his family. After that he and his wife and one daughter disappeared. My great grandmother was ELLEN MARIE HOXIE who married JAMES PEART CAMPBELL in Sonoma Cty., California in 1860. Is there any mention of WILLIAM HOXIE in the book that you have. Thank you in advance.

Posted: 10 Jan 2011 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: Hoxie, Jones, Thompson, Guess, Smith
I can find no mention of the names in the information I have available. It is not a book but a family genealogy done for my grandmother May Queen Smith. It is on legal sized paper if anyone would like a copy let me know and if you could cover the costs I will send a copy to you.
Brian

Posted: 3 Dec 2011 3:47AM GMT
Brian, my G-Gfather was CD Hoxie of Concord, MI. He ought to be on that list. Also a John Hoxie (CD's cousin or uncle?)who was a Texas Ranger and business partner of Wyatt Earp in Nome Alaskas. What are the costs involved? Would love to have a copy.

Eli Goldsmith
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions