Search for content in message boards

Noble Standley

Noble Standley

Posted: 24 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 12:15AM GMT
Surnames: Standley
Would like to know more on the family of Noble Standley(1791-1862) and Nancy Smart(1795-1876). They came from Henry County, VA. to Robertson County, TN. and on to Morgan County, IL. in 1821. One of his children is my husbands great grandfather, his name was Richard(1828-1919) born in Morgan County, Il. and married Rachel Ausmus(1827-1916).
Noble and Nancy had 11 children; William M., Elizabeth, Ruth, Thomas, Josiah, Richard, John H., Henry, David, Suzannah, Jane. Any information on this family would be appreciated. Thank You. E-mail to plum@csj.net

Adm. William H. Standley, USN (Ret.)

Posted: 14 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 3:39PM GMT
Surnames: Standley, Wilkinson, Walker, Heard, Cooper
Looking for bio/historical info on Adm. William Standley, nephew of William B. Wilkinson, of Riverside, CA.

Re: Noble Standley's Grandson, Cyrus

Posted: 8 Jul 2001 2:50AM GMT
Surnames: Ausmus, Stan(d)ley, Sutton, Phillippe
Richard and Rachel (Ausmus) Stan(d)ley were my gg grandparents! Their son, Cyrus, was my grt grandfather, with his daughter, Leona Belle Standley, who married Benjiman Francis Sutton, being my grandmother. Grt grandfather Cyrus was married twice--quite a few children! Recently saw an AUSMUS post from a descendant of William, Richard's brother, and Matilda, Rachels sister. Responded, but no reply yet. Several other cousins--various branches--and I have considerable info. we are most happy to share. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Margaret (Bourns) Sutton in Santa Rosa, Sonoma Co, CA
RCBOURNS@aol.com

Posted: 8 Jul 2001 2:54AM GMT
Mary, I feel so rediculous! My name is Margaret (Sutton) Bourns!! It's been a long day!

Posted: 4 Oct 2001 11:42AM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2001 1:17PM GMT
Surnames: Sutton,Standley,Lankford,Bell,Camp,Summers
Hi Margaret: I just saw your post today. Howabout forwarding some info on the Standley's to me so I can compare what I have with what you have and we can talk. You know my phone number and email-:) Mary Lynn

Posted: 4 Mar 2006 5:19PM GMT
Hello Margaret,

I just found your posting. Your Richard Standley is descended from the same line I research. I have a record that Rachel Ausmuss married Richard Standley in Jacksonville, Mogan Co, Il in 1846. Richard Standley was the son of Noble Standley who was the son of Moses Standley born abt. 1752 in VA. He married Elizabeth Bird and the had the following children: Moses (1775), Richard ( abt 1777), Joseph (1785), Thomas (1797, my ancestor), Noble (1791), Mary Ann (1807), and a second Moses (abt 1815). I've got the line back to a William Standley in VA in 1727, but I'm stuck there. Love to exchange information. Lynne Farr

Re: Noble Standley

Posted: 24 May 2008 2:46PM GMT
I am also decended from this line. My grandfather is Carl Standley, his father was Oliver (married Goldie Flossie Ivy Pearl Cox), his father was Philip Standley (married Katie Bliming), his father was Richard Standley (married Rachel Ausmus. I am really working on the ancestry of the Standleys in VA (Chester County)because I think they were the first in my line. I am especially interested in the Standley who married Elizabeth Osborne. Any ideas? Thanks!
Susan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions