Search for content in message boards

Blair; French CAN, looking for family

Blair; French CAN, looking for family

Posted: 13 Jun 2004 4:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blair, Brough, Monroe
John Batiste Blair born 12/16/1851 in Quebec, Canada passed June 14,1935 in Hood River Oregon, laid to rest in Goldendale, WA. His wife was Sophia Katherine Brough/Brow also born in Quebec, Canada, they were married in the state of Vermont. Son John Blair was my great grandfather born Jan. 9, 1875 in Vermont, they also had four other sons Emmet, Frederick, wilfred, and Bert one daughter Josephine Blair who married James Monroe.

Re: Blais, Brault

Posted: 7 Jul 2004 10:05PM GMT
Surnames: Blais, Brault
Ma'am, You may request yr query be moved to the QC General board. Spelling Blair may represent Blais.

Re: Blair; French CAN, looking for family

Posted: 16 Oct 2004 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: blair
helping a friend named blair-were these mentioned blairs alaskan gold explorers?
My friend is looking for the brothers I believe named emmet
who went to alaskak ont he gold rush
Her grandmother was cherokee Indian
Family roots Scotland -Ashyire-Blair Castle
can you help at all
my email is as follows
finessimagesunlimited@hotmail.com
thanks ken

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2004 4:52PM GMT
My blair line is French. The name was changed to Blair when they moved from Canada to United States. Our family name was either Blais or Blaire not really sure. I wish I could help but the line you are looking for is Scottish right? There is an Emmet and all else is correct but as I wrote we are French. Good luck Judy

Jeanne Blair Turner (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2006 5:11PM GMT
Thanks Judy, my great grandfather Roberts parents were both Scottish, my gr. grandfather married a french Canadian, the Vaillancourt connection.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions