Search for content in message boards

Murder in 1930's in Hogeye Community of Overton County, TN

Murder in 1930's in Hogeye Community of Overton County, TN

Posted: 9 Mar 2003 11:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 May 2003 4:49PM GMT
Surnames: Holbert, Huckeby, Winningham, Dodson
I am looking for any details on a murder that occurred in Overton County, Tennessee in the Hogeye community during the 1930's. All I know for certain is that there were at least 3 men involved in the killing including a Huckeby, Winningham and Dodson. They murdered a Holbert couple and possibly some of their children. Any help appreciated.

Re: Murder in 1930's in Hogeye Community of Overton County, TN

Ron Dishman (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2003 4:29AM GMT
Catherine

They are at least 2 maybe 3 newspaper stories covering this in the old Livingston Enterprise papers. I have saw these articles before and may have copies of them. If not they can be copied from the microfilm.

Hope this is what you were wanting or looking for.

Ron

Catherine Gunter (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2003 12:49PM GMT
Thanks so much, Ron, for the informaiton. Do you have any idea as to what year the murders actually took place? It would be a great help.

Ron Dishman (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2003 1:21PM GMT
No not at this moment let me checkmy files and see if I have some information it from the newspapers. If not I will check and see for you. Do you want copies of the articles?

Ron

Posted: 11 Mar 2003 1:31AM GMT
Edited: 7 May 2003 4:49PM GMT
Thanks for all the information I have been receiving about this murder. I know for certain that one of the murderers was Talmadge Huckeby. He died in 1976 and is buried at the Smith Cemetery in Pickett County, Tennessee. I also knew that the daughter of the victim still survives. I really would like to know the first names of the other two men along with any specific details of the murder. Also, for anyone who wants to contact me directly, I have just recently received a photo of the three men and the sheriff who arrested them. Any help appreciated.

Posted: 23 Jul 2014 1:57AM GMT
Talmadge Huckeby was my great uncle. I would like to see the photo you mentioned if possible.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic