Search for content in message boards

Henning and Moller

Henning and Moller

Posted: 12 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Nov 2001 7:46AM GMT
Surnames: Henning, Moller, Schroder

Carl Ernst Gobblob Henning, born 12 March 1836 in Mecklenburg, District of Schwerin,servered in Germany army for two years, reserves two years,was a farmer. Came to Toledo, Ohio on May 26 1863.Married Catharine Maria Elizabeth Moller, born 21 Oct 1839, daughter of Joochim Frederick Moller and Elizabeth Dorethea Schroder all of Mecklenburh, District of Schwerin, Germany.
Carl and Catharine lived in Toledo, Ohio for 12 years moving to Michigan and retired from farming in 1914.

Moller Genealogy

Lauren Moller (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Moller
Hello,

My name is Lauren Moller and I live in Dallas, Texas, USA.
My father is named Harry Carl Moller.

His father's name is Carl Marten August Moller (with 2 dots over the "o" in Moller) , born Aug 24, 1887 in Aarhus, Denmark and died August 27, 1948 in Connecticut. He was one of 7 (seven) children. His parents were Niles Moller and Anne Nelson (not sure of spelling). Carl came to America in the early 1900's. His wife, and my grandmother, Nancy Mason (from England) came to America and married Carl in Ohio, I believe. They had 2 children, my father, Harry Carl born Aug 21, 1925 in Ohio, (and now living in Texas), and his younger brother Arnold Moller born in 1927? (and living in Connecticut).

There are 4 children of Harry Moller living in Texas. And, there are 2 children of Arnold Moller living in Connecticut. There are many grandchildren as well.

I was hoping your Moller was related to my family somehow.

PLEASE say something in the "Subject" area about MOLLER, so I will know your email is not junk mail, ok? Thanks!

I am looking forward to your reply.
Lauren
Posted: 31 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2001 7:46AM GMT
Surnames: Henning, Moller
Carl Ernest Gobblob Henning born March 12 1836 in Mecklenburg, District of Schwerin. He served in the German Army for two years (drafted) and spent two years in the reserves for two years. His lottery number was 20 and the 70th number called. He was a farmer. We have found no other information. He arrived in Ohio in 1863.
Catharine Maria Elizabeth MOLLER also came from the same area. The story goes that they could not afford to get married in Germany and waited until they came to the US.
Catharine Maria Elizabeth MOLLER was the daughter of Joochim Frederick MOLLER and Elizabeth Dorether SCHRODER of the same area in Germany. We don't know if the family came to the US or not.
Carl Ernest Gobblob Henning changed his name to Fred Henning and Catharine Maria Elizabeth MOLLER changed her name to Mary. They were married in Sept 11, 1863 in Toledo, Ohio. They lived in Ohio for 12 years. On the census for 1870 he was listed as a wagon maker. They moved to Whiteford Township, Monroe County Michgain in 1875. They are listed on the 1880 census as farmer.

Their tombstones read: Ernest Henning Sr, born Mar 12 1936
died Sept 5, 1916 Mary his wife born Oct 21 1839 died June 12, 1916.

There was also a Charles Henning age 58, wife Mary age 54 and son John age 18. We do not know if they were related or not but they also came from Mecklenburg Germany.
There is a John Henning age 26 and wife Sophia age 23 no children. This was taken from the 1870 census.
Note: Carl was listed as Ernst Henning in the 1870 census.

That is all the information we have, if you have any information, let me know at: chenning@jps.net

Henning Family

David E. Kromm (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Henning
Hello,

I discovered this website about an hour ago and posted my own message about my mother's fraternal grandparents who came from Mecklenburg to Michigan in 1852. As your Henning ancestors came to Ohio and went to Michigan, it raised the question in my mind if mine knew someone in Michigan before leaving Germany. Heinrich Henning was born in Mecklenburg August 1, 1822 and Sohia Hintz October 19, 1828. I am not sure if they were married in Germany or the United States. They had a farm in Macomb county, Michigan according to the 1870 census (were already listed in 1860), and both died early in the 20th century. Do you know if your Henning family had relations they came to Michigan?

Re: Moller Genealogy

Maree Moller (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2001 11:11AM GMT
Hi Lauren,

Just wanting to know what info u have as my grandfathers name was Peter Moller with 2 dots over the o.

Any info would be appreciated.
I live in Melbourne, Australia.

Thanks
Maree Moller

cecil moller (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2002 3:17PM GMT
hey just bump into your quest.
my name is cecil moller i was born in 1967 in Khomasdal,the coloured/molatto/mixedetc. township in Windhoek, Namibia. my father claimed that his grandfather bought the name Moller to escape the prosecution by the Afrikaners and English in South Africa. He was a transport driver riding cargo from sa to then deutch sudwest afrika now namibia. my grandfather was born on the ox wagons. my father and some brothers write their surname with an umlaut i do not this was just a choice of preverance. there was aslo a swede by the name of moller as one of the first explorers in nam i do not know if this help anything but....

Re: Henning in Mecklenberg-Schwerin-Stavenhagen District

Posted: 3 Nov 2002 5:23AM GMT
Edited: 31 Mar 2004 7:52PM GMT
Surnames: Dust,rohde,Rohden,Taege,Hennig,Hobe,Drews,Hartwig,Kater,Mueller,Marlow,Prabel,Tamm,Hoffarber,Mass,Seeman,Stavenhagen,Duste,Drew,Rohden,Lampe,Mueller
I am researching in these towns North of Berlin.
Wolde,Zwiedorf,Kastorf,Schossow,Tützpatz,Altenhagen,altentreptow,wildberg,barkow,wolkow and a few more. Anyone searching in this area. I have a few Church records with Henning in them and related to my Dust line.

Cecil Henning (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2002 6:38AM GMT
Surnames: HENNING, MOLLER, SCHRODER
All we have is that Carl Ernst Gobblob Henning was from Meckenberg district of Schwerin but no towns. He had spent 2 years in the army and two years in the reserves. There were suppose to be a large family of HENNING's. Carl Ernst Gobblob HENNING came to the US in 1860 along with the Moller family. Catharine Maria Elizabeth MOLLER father was Joochim Frederick MOLLER and her mother was Elizabeth Dorsthea SCHRODER. We think the two families came togather on the same ship but can't find the port where they may have landed.
Any help in trying to find the town where they might have been from would be greatly apprecitated.

Posted: 3 Nov 2002 6:52AM GMT
Edited: 31 Mar 2004 7:52PM GMT
Surnames: Dust,rohde,Rohden,Taege,Hennig,Hobe,Drews,Hartwig,Kater,Mueller,Marlow,Prabel,Tamm,Hoffarber,Mass,Seeman,Stavenhagen,Duste,Drew,Rohden,Lampe,Mueller
I have some of the names from the Mecklenberg Census 1819.
I find the name Henning in Kastorf and in Zwiedorf they are towns north of NeuBrandenburg which is North of Berlin.
any other names you are looking for. i will compile a list of the names I got off this and the Church Records for that area. Send me your direct email. to koskidust@msn.com Thanks.

Posted: 17 May 2003 4:12AM GMT
I recall my father talking about relations in Texas. Did you have an Ernst Moller married to Bertha Todt, their son Hans August Moller b. Hamburg in 1902 was my dad.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic