Search for content in message boards

Dr Andrew Baird and Archibald Baird

Dr Andrew Baird and Archibald Baird

Posted: 25 Oct 2008 12:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BAIRD - Strabane/Donagheady, co. Tyrone, Ireland
Anyone researching Dr Andrew Baird, R.N. (b.ca. 1760, d.ca. 1843) of Aughtermoy (near Strabane), co. Tyrone, Ireland -- who was Physician of the Fleet under Lord Nelson, also his brother, Archibald Baird (1762 - ca. 1788), planter of South Carolina?

Kind regards

David Mitchell
Cape Town
South Africa

Re: Dr Andrew Baird and Archibald Baird

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 2:31PM GMT
Surnames: Baird, Hamilton. Doherty & White
Archibald Baird was my Great Grandfather. He married Mary White & had a daughter Harriet. Harriet's first husband was Babington Hamilton & when he died she married Hugh Doherty. Their oldest child was also Hugh Doherty who was my Grandfather.

Posted: 7 Aug 2014 8:08AM GMT
I am interested in any information you may have concerning his brother John Baird.
Cliff, Oakville, Ontario, Canada

Posted: 7 Aug 2014 7:02PM GMT
Surnames: BAIRD, MITCHELL
Hi Cliff

Good to hear from you.

I've got some broader family snippets that I put together for William Roulston at the UHF, also found wills to Dr Andrew Baird and his brother Archibald at the PRO in England.

One of the family may have been Sarah Baird married to James Mitchell (one of my kin) who moved from Londonderry to Markham, Ontario in the early 1840s.

Can't help wondering if it wasn't the Baird family connection that encouraged the itchy feet!

Please drop me a line to dm60@mweb.co.za and I can send you a link or annexures.

Sincerely

Dave Mitchell
Cape Town, South Africa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic