Search for content in message boards

Miller

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 2:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for anyone who might have some information on Frederick Miller born 1836 in Portugal Cove, Newfoundland. He was married to Selena(last name unknown). They had 7 children Frederick, Jacob, Archibald, Elizabeth, Hannah, Sophie & William.

Re: Miller

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 7:03PM GMT
Hi There,

My cousin's father was Fred Miller from Portugal Cove. I've contacted her and she will e-mail her Miller info on to me. I will contact you when it arrives. Can I send it to your private e-mail address??

Regards,
Marge

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 8:43PM GMT
Frederick Miller, also known as “Yankie Fred” because he sailed on Schooners to Boston was my GGrandfather. He was born on September 3, 1836 and died on October 3, 1913 at the age of 77. He lived on North Point Rd. in Portugal Cove. He was married to Selina. I have some memory of my Dad saying her last name was Miller or Millar and she came from Ireland. She was born on February 15, 1837 and died on April 17, 1903 of Pulmonary TB. Her children were William James who drowned, Frederick, my grandfather, Elizabeth , his twin, Jacob, Hannah, Sophie and Archibald.
Posted: 18 Nov 2008 12:00AM GMT
sure not a problem
Posted: 18 Nov 2008 12:04AM GMT
could you please email me privatly

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 1:20AM GMT
my email is retuff@nl.rogers.com
I'd like to get in touch
Posted: 18 Nov 2008 2:22AM GMT
Posted: 18 Nov 2008 2:23AM GMT

Posted: 24 Nov 2008 7:25AM GMT
Surnames: Miller,Judge
This is a wild query on my part because my GGM was Mary Ellen Miller and she was also born 1836. However,she was born in Placentia Bay,most likely Port Royal,and she was of Mi'Kmaq descent.She married my GGF,Patrick Judge,about 1857/58,and most Judges in Nfld. are descended from that couple,and most of the rest from Patrick's brother William.
I just can't find anything on those Millers with Mi'Kmaq descent.....so hoping some other Miller researcher has come across them.Thanks.Ward. wardgreene@hotmail.com
Also if anyone by chance has knowledge of the Judge family who lived in Portugal Cove in the 1800s.

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 3:04PM GMT
My husband's greatgrandmother was Selena Miller who married Caleb Reid, was she the daughter of William Miller? Any relation to your family? If you have any information would love to hear.
Oct 31 1884St. Johns
Caleb REID, 25, bach, mariner, St Johns
Selina MILLER, 23, spinster, Portugal Cove
William Miller, Rebecca Churchill

Helena and Randy Lee
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions