Search for content in message boards

SULLIVAN / GILL

SULLIVAN / GILL

Posted: 2 Nov 2010 1:23PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: SULLIVAN / GILL
Has anyone any information on JAMES SULLIVAN, born Cork, 1809/10 who married MARY GILL, of Cork in about 1834. They had a son PATRICK in 1836 and then emigrated to England shortly after his birth. They lived in the East of London, Wapping area. Perhaps you have come across these names in your research; if so, I would be pleased to receive any information of their birth details and parents, expecially the precise area of Cork they originated from.
Many thanks. Sally Edwards

Re: SULLIVAN / GILL

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 7:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
They were from Skibbereen, county cork.

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 11:55AM GMT
Thank you for your reply to my post. I had almost given up hoping I would get a reply. Please let me know how you know they came from Skibbereen, together with any other information you have. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. I had reached a brick wall. Getting your message was brilliant. Many thanks. I hope to hear from you again. Regards. Sally Edwards

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 2:23AM GMT
I emailed back and forth a little with a woman to whom I am genetically-linked through 23andme.com. In trying to figure out the common ancestors, she mentioned that she has Irish ancestors with the surnames of sullivan (John) and gill (mary) from Skibbereen, County Cork. She has a public tree on ancestry. Her email is genelady@nc.rr.com

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 9:14AM GMT
Hello

I went to school in about 1957 with a boy called Neilus Gill. His mother was from Charleville. He was born in England where his father had died. I think in a building accident. A few years later he returned to the W2 area of London, The Great Western Road. The house was pulled down about 30 years ago. I have tried to trace Neilus without success. He had a sister called Mary. Sorry I can't provide more info on the family. His mother's maiden name was Fitz something. We always referred to them as 'Fitz'
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions