Search for content in message boards

Edwards Family

Edwards Family

Posted: 5 Oct 2002 2:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Edwards
I've hit this brick wall so many times my head is hurting! I have a Kenelen Harrison Edwards born 1774-1775 and was buried in Chester County, SC. His wife was Priscilla Ferguson (who I already know her pedigree) daughter of Adams and Elizabeth Findley Ferguson.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sondra

Re: Edwards Family

Posted: 14 Jun 2010 12:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Sondra,

I see a will in Edgecombe Co., NC for a Stourton Edwards, wife's name ANN, with son's name either "KNELM HARRISON" or "KENELM and HARRISON" according to the abstract. This will is dated 14 Oct 1783. Then, in Chester Dist. there is a deed from Jaratt Edwards to Kennelm H. Edwards in Bk W, pg. 122 dated Mar 1826 for 141 acres. Stourton Edwards administrator is "Joseph, son of Joseph" who is of Halifax Co, NC. All of the Edwards in this family move to either Chester or York Counties, SC. I descend from the youngest son, Jesse. Other related names are Daniel, Cooper, Scogin, McCreary, Steele, etc. I would like to know any information you might have to see if your Kenelen Harrison Edwards is identical to the one mentioned in the above will abstract.
Any information you may have would be greatly appreciated!
Jim
jstrain@nmu.edu
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions