Search for content in message boards

St. Anthony Catholic Church in Marinette, WI

St. Anthony Catholic Church in Marinette, WI

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 2:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Mar 2013 3:02AM GMT
Surnames: KLAVER / PAULS / SHARKEY (CHARTIER) / BAKKUM / WISNER
My great-grandfather, J. HENRY PAULS, was a member of Knights of Columbus and Holy Name Society at St. Anthonys Catholic Church in Marinette in the 1920's and 1930's. He died 4 Mar 1932 in Marinette.

Question 1. Does St. Anthony's still exist or has it been consolidated with another parish? If it has been consolidated; what is it's present name?

Question 2. Is it possible to get a copy of Henry's membership records to these societies? This grandfather is a tough one to research. I'm wondering if his place of birth might be listed as we have no idea where his home parish was in Germany.

Question 3. Who would I contact to find this information?

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: St. Anthony Catholic Church in Marinette, WI

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 7:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Mar 2013 7:13PM GMT
>>Question 1. Does St. Anthony's still exist <<

google says yes, it still exists.

>>Question 2. Is it possible to get a copy of Henry's membership records to these societies?<<

That depends on what records this parish archived. Since these were not sacramental records, they might not have been a priority for the parish to keep. Only they can tell you.

>>I'm wondering if his place of birth might be listed as we have no idea where his home parish was in Germany.<<

Was he married in a Catholic Church in Wisconsin? Depending on the priest, marriage records could have good detail, including naming the home parish of the participants.

Was he naturalized? If so, his declaration of intent might have the name of the town/city he was from. Did he have other family that immigrated? Researching associated family members can help you find clues to your direct line.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions