Search for content in message boards

MASSINGHAM, BLOOM and others, Norfolk

MASSINGHAM, BLOOM and others, Norfolk

Posted: 19 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Mar 2013 2:51PM GMT
Surnames: Massingham, Messingham, Missingham, Bloom, Bloome, Blowme,
Interested in any occurrences of the surname Massingham and its variants Messingham and Missingham, wherever they occur worldwide and for any dates. The Massingham family originates in North Norfolk (have traced them back to Morston in c. 1500).

Also interested in the Bloom (Bloome, Blowme) family, based in Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk for many generations.

Also interested in families who married into these two family trees, including the Harper family.

Very willing to exchange data.
Posted: 27 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2013 2:58PM GMT
Surnames: Pask
I noticed the surname Pask on your list. Were your Pask's from Norkolk? My gg grandmother was Ruth Pask from neighboring Suffolk. I have not been able to find much information. How much do you know about the Pask family in East Anglia?

Harper

Pam (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2013 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: Harper, Massingham,
I have information on the Massingham and Harpers - please contact with what you have. They come from Hindolveston area of Norfolk, England.

Pam

re: Bloom from Norfolk

Posted: 7 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Feb 2002 5:29PM GMT
Surnames: Bloom, Cook
My great-grandparents,George and Hannah (Cook) Bloom were originally from the Norfolk region,I believe. When they immigrated to America, they did so on a ship called the Muritania. They left behind a daughter named May, who was a toddler at the time.She grew up to marry a man with the last name Hunt. I'm trying to find out more about this particular Bloom family and if there were any siblings or any other pertinant information.

Messinghams

Jill Messingham Murrell (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Messingham
I"m the granddaughter of George W. Messingham of Lincolnshire England.DOB August 29,1891, if you have any information on his family please contact me at Mess212@aol.com.
Thank you,
Jill Messingham Murrell

Responding to Name - Massingham

Annie (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Massingham, Paske, Bloom
I come from a small country town in Western Australia. I am currently trying to track family from around the Hereford area in England. My grandmothers maiden name was Paske, but that is not what I am writing to you about. Our local town had an early settler named Massingham and our main street is named after him. I unfortunatly have no other information on him at this point but our community recently celebrated it's centenary and there was a book produced about Kellerberrin and its history. I shall get some more information about this particular man Massingham. He may or may not be of interest to you. I also have worked with a fellow named Chris Bloom. More on that later.

MASSINGHAM

Posted: 11 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Dec 2004 4:18AM GMT
Surnames: MASSINGHAM, NEWTON, NALDER
My wife's 3rd great grandmother, Mary Ann NEWTON, married
Charles NALDER at Reading, Berkshire, 19 April 1840. They
eventually settled in New Zealand.

Mary Ann was born c.1818/19 and, according to her death
cert. her birth place was Norwich and her parents were
William NEWTON & Mary MASSINGHAM.

looking

carolynn (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: pask
Im lookinf for Pask too. Perhaps its you. Please e-mail me
Posted: 30 Jun 2001 4:26AM GMT
Maria Karg,
One of my greats came from Sussex or Kent and was born on 1st June 1835. His name was James Pask. His mother died leaving four children and when senior Pask refused to pay church tithes he was sold up and went to Australia.
Posted: 30 Jun 2001 6:42PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2013 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: Pask,
My gg grandmother Ruth Pask was born in 1883 and lived on Fornham Road, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. Her mother died when she was young and her father died when she was about 17. She was an only child and was not allowed to inherit any of her father's money since she was a female. She was forced to work cleaning houses. I don't know her parent's names. Her father was a member of the Suffolk Hunt.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic