Search for content in message boards

(The Solomon) Israel Family Newsletter

(The Solomon) Israel Family Newsletter

June Justice Crawford (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Israel, Johnston, Woods
I am the editor for a national family newsletter for descendants of Solomon Israel and Mary Johnston who were married on Long Island, New York in the early 1700s. They subsequently moved to Virginia and lived in Albemarle County, and then to North Carolina in 1779. We are interested in finding other Israels who may be related to us. I am not a genealogist, but I am frequently asked if I can connect members of the family to others who are doing research on these families. If you are interested, please contact me to put on my list of family branches. We believe we are probably related to the Israel families of New England and Nova Scotia but have not been able to establish the link. Can you help?

Also, if anyone has any information on religious background of the Israel family in the 1600s or 1700s, we would be interested. Solomon and Mary were married in an Anglican Church. We publish our free newsletter three times each year and include articles of interest in addition to our own family news.

Re: (The Solomon) Israel Family Newsletter

Robert (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2003 3:22AM GMT
Surnames: Israel
I am interested in subscribing to the newsletter for descendants of Solomon Israel and Mary Johnston. My ancestors go back thru Michael Israel. Thank you,.
Robert

June J. Crawford (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2003 12:37AM GMT
Robert -
You can write directly to me about the Family Newsletter and I will add your name and address to the mailing list. We also make it available online but it is currently being updated.
June - jjc1945@aol.com

Posted: 16 Feb 2004 1:21AM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2005 10:01PM GMT
I am related to Solomon, how do I get the news letter?

Posted: 11 Apr 2004 3:05PM GMT
June,

I am related to Solomon also. I would like to get a copy of the newsletter.

Thank you.
Robert Levi Israel

gtatylor (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2004 9:51PM GMT
I haven't been able to find the online address of the Israel Family Newsletter since the reunion in Asheville, NC a couple years back. Please let me know where the newsletters are located.

Thank you.

Posted: 11 Sep 2004 11:19PM GMT
I believe the following might prove helpful:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~israel/

Jared "Jed" Handspicker

Posted: 2 Dec 2004 7:37PM GMT
Edited: 17 Oct 2005 9:16PM GMT
June, hi.
I am just a little behind times replying to your August, 2000 posting, but if you are still adding names to the Solomon Israel Newsletter, please add me to your mailing list. I am the great-granddaughter of George B. Israel, who came to Louisiana from Indiana after the War Between the States.
Nice to meet you
Jeanne

liz stewart (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2005 6:59PM GMT
We are possibly related to a Solomon Israel from New York, in the late 1700s - one of his grandkids (?) married a Belieu; they lived for a time in North Carolina...Could we get a copy of the newsletter? Or E-mail with info? thanks.

Posted: 21 May 2005 4:05PM GMT
My children are the great grand child of Hazel Israel Collette of New Orleans, Her father was George B. Israel from Indiana to Lousiana in the 1850-1860.

Kathy Boulet-Anderson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions