Search for content in message boards

Philadelphia Cemetery, Prattsville, Grant Co., AR

Philadelphia Cemetery, Prattsville, Grant Co., AR

Posted: 24 Jun 2001 6:49PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 1:01PM GMT
I am doing research on the families buried in Philadelphia Cemetery located at Prattsville, Grant County, Arkansas.

Would like to share with others who have families buried there.

Kay Blevins

Re: Philadelphia Cemetery, Prattsville, Grant Co., AR

Posted: 13 Jul 2001 5:40PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jun 2002 4:04AM GMT
I am related to the Crutchfield/Ritchies. If you are interested let me know. I just started researching our names. Thanks,

Kay Blevins (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2001 6:55PM GMT
Surnames: Crutchfield, Ritchie
Please email me and I will share what I have.

Kay

Posted: 21 Jul 2001 7:19AM GMT
Surnames: Hawkins, Richards, Sanford
I have family buried in Philadelphia Cemetery.
Harvey Ann (nee Hawkins) and her husband
Halliburton SANFORD.

Do you have any information on their burial? All that I have found so far was the year of their deaths. I was wondering if you had their exact date of death for Harvey Ann Hawkins SANFORD who was a daughter of John H. HAWKINS and Rachel RICHARDS. Thank you.

Nancy Hawkins Shockey

Kay Blevins (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2001 1:59AM GMT
Surnames: Hawkins, Richards, Sanford, Mitchell
This is some of what I have. E-mail me and will share more.
k2471417@earthlink.net

Descendants of John H. Hawkins

Generation No. 1

1. JOHN H.1 HAWKINS was born Abt. 1830 in Tennessee. He married RACHEL RICHARDS November 23, 1851 in Saline Co., AR, daughter of RICHARDS and HANNAH. She was born Abt. 1833.

Marriage Notes for JOHN HAWKINS and RACHEL RICHARDS:
HAWKINS, John H. age 21 and Rachel RICHARDS age 18 on Nov. 23, 1851 by Stephen Chennault, JP --- B-32

RICHARDS, Rachel age 18 and John H. HAWKINS age 21 on Nov. 23, 1851 by Stephen Chennault, JP --- B-32

More About JOHN HAWKINS and RACHEL RICHARDS:
Marriage: November 23, 1851, Saline Co., AR

Children of JOHN HAWKINS and RACHEL RICHARDS are:
i. JOHN CICERO2 HAWKINS, b. 1854; m. LAURA L. MITCHELL, December 01, 1875, Saline Co., AR; b. Abt. 1854.

Marriage Notes for JOHN HAWKINS and LAURA MITCHELL:
Hawkins, John C., age 21 and Laura Mitchell age 16 married on 1 December 1875 D-25

Mitchell, Laura, age 16 and John C. Hawkins age 21 married on 1 December 1875 D-25

More About JOHN HAWKINS and LAURA MITCHELL:
Marriage: December 01, 1875, Saline Co., AR

ii. NANCY H. HAWKINS.
iii. MARY HAWKINS.
iv. RUTH HAWKINS.
v. SARAH HAWKINS.
vi. HARVEY ANN HAWKINS, b. 1865; d. 1914, Grant Co., AR; m. D. HALIBURTON SANFORD, February 25, 1877, Grant Co., AR; b. 1853; d. 1941, Grant Co., AR.

More About HARVEY ANN HAWKINS:
Burial: Philadelphia Cemetery, Prattsville, Grant Co., AR

More About D. HALIBURTON SANFORD:
Burial: Philadelphia Cemetery, Prattsville, Grant Co., AR

More About D. SANFORD and HARVEY HAWKINS:
Her stated age: 15
His stated age: 25
Justice of the Peace: William Bridges
Marriage: February 25, 1877, Grant Co., AR
Marriage book: A3

Posted: 5 Aug 2001 10:43AM GMT
Surnames: Crutchfield
hi I too have been dong research on and at Philadelphia cemetery. mine is just the Crutchfield family. My little sister and I spent much of Friday there. We gathered lots of good info but were unable to find Frances E Crutchfield (wife of Tom) or Mary and her three children, or Helen's grave.
I would love to see any info you have on the Cruthfield or the Reddin. Ruby lee Crutchfield Reddin was my grandmother. I'll be glad to send you any info I have you think might be help to you.
Thanks,
Krystal Witherington

Kay Blevins (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2001 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crutchfield, Ritchie

Mary Puhan Lanier (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2001 5:54AM GMT
I believe that I have several relative buried in the Philadelphia Cemetary. I would like to confirm this. the Persons are Archibald Warren Williams, Sarah susan Buie and my grandfather Chester 'archie' Williams. I do not know if my grandmother is buried there. Bessie Minerva Clark. I would appreciate any information.

Kay Blevins (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2001 3:21PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Morrison, Haley, Tull, Tucker, Buie, Clark, Holiman
Yes Dr. Archibald Warren and Sarah Susan Buie Williams are buried in Philadelphia Cemetery. Archibald Chester "Archie" and Bessie Clark Williams are buried in the Redfield Cemetery, Redfield, Jefferson Co., AR.
Please e-mail me and I will share more.

Kay

Dana Smith (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2001 3:36AM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Koon, White, Moore, McElory, Johnson, Kelley, Womack, Garrett
Hi,

I have at least 5 generations of my family buried at Philadelphia. The names to include Moore, Kelley, Smith, McElroy, Benning, and Camp. The Smith's arrived in Arkansas around 1880 from Dutch Forks, SC. I know you have researched this because I see your name in a lot of forums I go to. The Kelley's arrived about the same time or a little earlier from Alabama. What would you like to know? My great great grandparent's W.C.and Sallie Johnson Moore are there also. Alva McElroy, one of the oldest tombstones, is my gggguncle who was the first husband to my gggggrandfather's second wife. The Camp and Benning are closer relatives. Please let me know. Linda Pledger Smith, a common friend, is my father's first cousin's wife. I feel I owe you a lot so ask me all you want to know. Dana in South Dakota.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions