Search for content in message boards

TERRY

TERRY

Alice Terry Puffer (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JENSEN
I am looking for information on my gggrandfather's family. He was born about 1783 in Massachusetts and was in Williamstown about 1803 or 1804. He then moved on to NY where he bought property in Otsego County. He married Abigail Jensen about 1800. Does anyone have information on this family. I believe his father's name was also John, but cannot prove it yet. Any information or leads appreciated.
Alice in Florida

Search for ggggrandfather

Posted: 22 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2001 3:02PM GMT
Surnames: Terry
Dear Alice, Was you ancestor's name John Terry? I am searching for My ggggrandfather, Rueben E. Terry Sr., born about1775. I am not sure where he was born, but he lived in Adams MA at the time of his son Rueben Jr.'s birth. I have not had time to research any further as yet, but if there is a connection, will let you know. The only John I have is John D. Terry born Sept 3, 1852 and died 1866. He was probably born in No. Adams, MA. Get back to me if you think there is a connection. Good luck, Sharon Terry
PS John was the son of Rueben E Terry Jr. and wife Mary Diana (also called Polly)
Posted: 26 May 2013 8:24PM GMT
My name is Bernard Polaski. I have recently begun searching my roots and came across your posts on John Terry. My grandmother (nee Lucy Belle Terry) was the daughter of Frederick Terry and Lucy (Hart) Terry. Frederick (born about 1873/74 in Otego, NY) was the son of James Terry and Susan (Waite) Terry. Before I saw your post, all I knew was this info and the fact that James mother, Abigail (age 87) was living with them in 1880. I believe John was James father.
Is there any more family information you would like to share?

Thank you,
Bernard J. Polaski
bjpolaski@aol.com

Re: TERRY

Posted: 28 May 2013 3:32PM GMT
There are many Terry's buried in Wading River Cem. Long Island N.Y.here are a few
John Terry d. Jan.1,1870 aged 81yrs.and 8 mos
Charry Terry wife of John d. Aug.15, 1863
aged 76 yrs. 7 mos and 26 das.
John Henry Terry son of John and Charry d. Dec.22 1849 24 yrs. 9 mos. 14 das.
Issac Terry d. Aug.10, 1887 79 yrs.
Huldah Terry wife of Issac d.Mar.18 1900 aged 93 yrs. 5 mos. 8 das.
David Mills Terry only son of Issac and Huldah d Aug. 15,1855 21 yrs 7 mos 15 das.
Hannah Terry only dau of Issac and Huldah no dates
Isaiah Terrry d Feb. 12 1861 78 yrs. 4 mos.

There is a lot more 74 listings all to gethe
Tina
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions