Search for content in message boards

Painter/Burkeholder Families

Painter of Botetourt Co., VA

Posted: 7 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Oct 2001 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: BISHOP, PAINTER, FREY
John Peter PAINTER b. 1755 Page Co., VA d. 1837 Fincastle, Botetourt Co., VA md 19 Feb 1782 Page Co., VA Catherine FREY. I have only kept track of their issue of John b. 1780 md Sarah BEAN and Barney. John & Sarah (Bean) PAINTER had issue of: Charlotte, Susanna, Catherine, Eliza, Margaret, Martha, Mary. Would like to learn more about John & Sarah Painter's family as Catherine md 1 Sep 1859 widower John BISHOP of Botetourt.

Painter/Burkeholder Families

Posted: 7 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2002 1:53PM GMT
Surnames: Painter, Burkeholder
I am searching for my ggg-grandfather James Hugh Painter (1782 VA. - ?) and ggg-grandmother Nancy Burkeholder Painter (1790 VA. - cr. 1876 MO.) I believe that they lived and married around Buchanan, Botetourt County, Virginia. His parents were; John Peter Painter and Catherine ? Painter. Thank you for any help that you are able to give me.

John Painter and Sarah Bean

Posted: 8 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2002 1:53PM GMT
Surnames: Painter, Burkeholder
John Painter (born 1776 VA. Married 12 Aug 1806 Botetourt County, VA. Died after 1850 Botetourt County, VA.) His father was John Painter (Born 1755 Frederick (Page) County, VA. Married circa 1774 ? VA. Died 1837 Botetourt County, Virginia) If he married Catherine Frey then it was his second marriage; listed Shenandoah County; but I think that this was the Painter family of Woodstock and not Stanley and Luray where John Peter Lived. His father was Conrad Bender Painter. As to Sarah Bean; Born 1785 ? Virginia, Died after 1850 Botetourt County, Census, father Joseph Bean.

Bean/Painter family

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Oct 2001 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: BEAN, PAINTER, BISHOP, CONSOLVER, DENTON, KAYSER, KESLER, SAUNDERS, WORTH
Sarah BEAN was dau of JOSIAH BEAN, not to be confused with the other Bean in Botetourt at that time. JOSIAH BEAN b. @1750 MD had 10 children, his wife is unknown. They lived in the Looney Mill Creek area, near his son in law (who md Phoebe Bean) John BISHOP, Sr. Issue: Rosanna md Peter PAINTER, John md Hanna KAYSER, Sarah md John PAINTER, Robert md Catherine CONSOLVER, Druzilla md Evan WORTH, Phoebe md John BISHOP,Peter md Sarah SAUNDERS, Nancy md Samuel KESLER, Charles D. md Mary FOUT and moved to TN, and Mary md Dallas DENTON.

Re: Bean/Painter family

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 4:00PM GMT
Surnames: Painter Bean
I continue to work on the William Painter family enumerated in 1850 Botetourt County next to John Bean b. 1779 and Hannah b. 1789, John Bean b. 1825 and Margaret b. 1827. As an update, YDNA from male descendents of 3 of William Painters sons indicate William was DNA surname Kenney. Do you know of any connection between this Bean family and William the neighbor? William's wife was Mary Taylor and they were married in Botetourt County in 1845. Second son Jeremiah states in his Civil War pension application that he was born in Buchanan, VA.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic