Search for content in message boards

Armstead family from Leeds, Yorkshire, England

Armstead family from Leeds, Yorkshire, England

Posted: 13 Jun 2002 9:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, my name is Liz McGregor and I live in Dorset, UK. My birth surname is Armstead and my family come from Yorkshire. Armstead is an unusual name in England but I see so many listed on this site in the USA. Do you have any ancestors who originate from Leeds in West Yorkshire? We may be distantly related! My father's name was Edward, born in Leeds in 1911.

Re: Armstead family from Leeds, Yorkshire, England

Posted: 14 May 2004 11:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Oct 2004 4:40PM GMT
My husband has ARMISTEADs from West Yorkshire, around Barnoldswick. Martha ARMISTEAD was born in Barnoldswick in 1807. She was the daughter of William ARMISTEAD and Martha GREEN. She had several siblings and it is possible one of them went to Leeds. There were may ARMISTEADS around the Yorkshire/Lancashire border. Martha's father was born at Downham, Lancashire very near Barnoldswick.

Posted: 8 Jun 2007 2:38AM GMT
Hi Liz,
My name is Lorinda Arconti, and I live in Danbury, Connecticut in the States. My great-grandfather was Richard Armistead, who came from Leeds, England!! His parents were Alfred and Elizabeth Armistead. Richard was born in 1879. He had a brother named Robert (b. 1875) and a sister Elizabeth (b. 1889). The last address I had from Richard was from the 1901 UK Census as 34 Main Street, Armley Van Driver, Leeds, Yorkshire. Are we possibly related??

Posted: 10 May 2008 9:05PM GMT
Drop me an email at heather_armstead@hotmail.com if you are still reading these boards; I am an Armstead by birth, also from the Leeds area and also having lived in Dorset!

Heather

Posted: 12 Oct 2008 7:44PM GMT
I have info leading to my family members coming from the Isle of Man but can go no further with my search. Interested if you know anything ?

Posted: 31 Jan 2009 3:02AM GMT
My great grandfather was William Maddox Armstead married to Anne Richardson ,he was born 1805 or 1803 Yorkshire England or the Isle of man. Looking for his father and mother. I have a note that his father was a doctor in Isle of Man but cannot find any leads. Hope you might help. Anita

Posted: 29 Mar 2009 11:38PM GMT
Yes my great-great grandfather Agustus Adolf Armstead (white) came from Yorkshire New England to the states in the early 1900's. Where he moved to E.St.Louis, Illinois/St.Louis, Mo. and married my great, great grandmother (who is black).

Posted: 25 Aug 2009 8:51PM GMT
I am doing a one name study on Armistead (Armitstead, Armstead) and have probably got more details of your ancestors - do you know the name of Edwards father ?

Karen

Posted: 25 Aug 2009 8:55PM GMT
I am doing a one-name study on Armistead (and variants)
I have quite a bit of detail on Alfred's ancestors and would be interested in Richards descendants

Karen

Posted: 4 Sep 2009 1:27AM GMT
Karen,
I would LOVE to exchange information!! I have been looking into Alfred's ancestry, and keep hitting brick walls. Are you related to Alfred?? Richard Armistead was my great-great-grandfather. Hope to hear from you soon!!

Lorinda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic