Search for content in message boards

Relation to Bill Doolin???

Relation to Bill Doolin???

Brandi Doolin (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2001 9:43AM GMT
I am not a direct descendant of Bill doolin, because I am married int o the name, but my husband is Jerry Doolin and his father is Gary Doolin of Guthrie Oklahoma. If anyone knows them and has any kind of info. we would be interested to know. Thank you
Brandi

Re: Relation to Bill Doolin???

sdoolin7dj@msn.com (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2001 6:49PM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2005 11:37PM GMT
Surnames: doolin
hi looking for all doolins esp those of oklahoma not sure where bill fits in our tree all though he is kin to half or maybe 75% of my cousins or neighbors, which is doumented,
all pictures of him are identical,too my grt grandfather,
he was by some family stories the only full brother to wallace marion doolin, my grt grandfather, however all doumenttion found show know truth to that , the only things that would are the pictures, the fact that all the neighbors to wallace marion in the cimmeron triangle area were bill doolin the out laws couisn, but there is a ks cencus that shows wallace marions family, and it shows it per a family photo i have that would not include bill of arkasaw, Soo as i said i do not know, but figure if i get enough family histories something will fitt, i kinda have supsioned that it is even possiable that William marion and Micheal Mack were the same and had 2 fmilies but both men maried at least twice and had children all ages and lived so far apart that it is all most impossiable, plus see know signsof where there paths crossed except in mo, pre 1850
now bill the out law and wallace maion crossed paths all the time allmost on a daily basis, but please write, and with enough info this story can be put togather, sdoolin7dj@msn.com,

Posted: 27 Sep 2001 5:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Dec 2003 7:06PM GMT
My fathers father was called William Doolin (bill).They lived in Ireland up until his death in the mid sixties.Im trying to trace anyone who can give me any info on my dads family tree.Its is so difficult.I never knew there were that many Doolins in the world.
My dads family are only able to tell me that info is very limited as far as they know but do know for sure that we have more American connections and if i found some of them i might find out more about the othres.
Trish

Posted: 6 Jul 2002 1:12PM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2005 4:14PM GMT
Hi...Have you had any luck? I am of the Shelton Doolin line. We too suspect "Billl" was kin somewhere along the line. I dug up some stuff on the internet about the "gang" and I swear there is a family resemblence. That's, if you want or have not already "The Doolin Dalton Gang" to find this.....
AND lol, this is not really funny but the "attitude" of Bill seems to have sifted thru this family. My farther, Son of Albert and Jenny Doolin of Osborn, Sullivan County, MO, had two brothers die in prison.....does that seem like we may be related lol.......just a thought. I myself find a very rebelious tendendancy to be running amuck in this here head. I just can't help wondering, with the knowledge they now have, about these rebelious tendicies not having some "validity?". Well, if you'd like access to what ever I can help you with, please contact me...I am going to my second Doolin Family Reunion in Portland Oregon..(found all these lovely Doolin's thru here).
Oh and an astonishing fact I discovered at last years reunion....taking pictures with me. My two middle daughters , now in their early 20's, could pass for older sisters to my GG neices. I find this totally just WOW!
Am taking the girls to meet the girls this year...can't wait to see them all together. Good luck, Linda Doolin

Posted: 6 Jul 2002 1:32PM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2005 4:14PM GMT
I got a clinker for you......I have talked to many Aussies, and do you know that there are TONS of doolins in Australia?
Tis true. Doolin in Australia is like "Smith, Jones, etc" in the United States. You know like pages and pages of them in the phone book. I found this to be quite a shocker and I have to consider it is possible that alot of Doolin's arrived in America via Austrialia........forget that part about it orginally being a penal colony will ya lol. bye now
per page

Find a board about a specific topic