Samuel Boone (brother of Daniel)

Posted: 2 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2002 5:42PM GMT

ELIZABETH BOONE ca 1752 dau of SAMUEL

Carolyn Carter Schiewe (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: White, Boone
I, too, am researching Samuel Boone's daughter Elizabeth who married William White. I have speculated that the marriage of Elizabeth Boone and William White took place in South Carolina. Elizabeth's father Samuel Boone moved his family to South Carolina's more established settlements probably sometime between 1756 and 1760 to escape Indian hostilities in North Carolina - likely, by the time Elizabeth was 8 yrs. old. Her younger brother b. 1760 in S.C. participated in the Revolutionary War military units from Camden District, South Carolina. Elizabeth would have been of marriageable age during the years the Samuel Boone's family sojourned in South Carolina. I am attempting to determine if Elizabeth and her husband William White's son William is one and the same as the William White b. ca 1776 in S.C. from whom I am descended.

Elizabeth Boone

Posted: 11 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2002 5:42PM GMT
Surnames: Boone
Carolyn,
Thanks for your response. Do you know if Elizabeth & William had a daughter named Elizabeth Isabelle(a) White and if so, do you know anything about her?

ELIZABETH BOONE ca 1752 dau of SAMUEL

Carolyn Carter Schiewe (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Boone, White
Hi Priscilla,
According to the research of Kelly Kay King, William White and Elizabeth Boone did have a daughter named Elizabeth Isabell White b. bet. 1760-1762 d. abt. 1815 in possibly Clarke County, Kentucky. Elizabeth Isabell married John Bledsoe 1780 in Virginia.

Elizabeth Isabell White and her husband John Bledsoe had the following children (according to the research of Kelly Kay King):
(1)Elizabeth Bledsoe m. John Adams
(2)Thomas Bledsoe m. Jane
(3)William Bledsoe m. (1) Polly R. House and (2) Margaret Williams

In addition to (1) Elizabeth Isabell White, other children of Elizabeth Boone and William White (according to Kelly Kay King) were:
(2) Mary "Polly" White m. James Brooks
(3)Rebecca White m. Isaac Wilcoxson
(4)Levi White m. Elizabeth Wood
(5)William White m. "?" [note of Carolyn Carter Schiewe: I am attempting to discover if he could be the William White who married (1) Clarissa Kingswood in S.C. and (2) Elizabeth China in S. C.]

Kelly Parks of Pattison, Mississippi (somehow there's a connection between Kelly Parks and Kelly Kay King) has done a good bit of work on descendants of Elizabeth Isabell White and John Bledsoe through their daughter Elizabeth Bledsoe who married John Adams. The last e-mail address I have for Kelly Parks is kellyp@telapex.com I have tried to contact her by e-mail, but she has never responded. I do have a copy of some of that work - if you want to e-mail your address to me, I will send it to you.

Don't forget I need some help on trying to determine my link to William White the son of Elizabeth Boone and William White. It would be great if you could give me any information you have; sometimes even the smallest clue pieced together with other tidbits of information helps. Thanks, Carolyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions