Search for content in message boards

John W Nash and Frances Mahan

John W Nash and Frances Mahan

Posted: 22 Sep 2007 5:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: NASH, NAISH, MAHAN, MAHORN
Hi Nash Family,

I am looking for my 3rd Great grandfather John W. NASH married to Mary Frances Mahan Nash, both from Georgia. There are two lines of John W. NASH, both born about the same time and both from GA. I have found them in the Alabama census's, but I can't find them anywhere else. The only other piece of information I can find is that John's parents were born possibly in North Carolina. I have searched land records and war records and find lots of John NASH's, but cant seem to connect any of them to my John NASH (or I just don't realize how to look up and make a connection.) Does anyone have any information about these folks? I am a beginner tracing my family and if anyone has tips to finding relatives like John and Mary Frances, I would LOVE to hear from you. Thanks!!

Re: John W Nash and Frances Mahan

Posted: 24 Sep 2007 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: Nash
I am a Nash researcher also. Do you have dates of birth, death or children's mames. I found a John W. Nash and wife Frances in census records, born in Georgia. Two of the children were named James and Martha. If this might be who you are looking for, let me know and I will send the info.

Re: John W Nash and Frances Mahan

Posted: 24 Sep 2007 3:36PM GMT
Surnames: NASH, NAISH, MAHAN, MAHORN
Hi,

I do have the children.
John William Nash and Mary Frances Mahan (Mahorn)
Married 10 July 1843 in Muscogee County Georgia.
Children:
Drucilla, b 1844 in Georgia
Nancy B., b 1846 in Alabama
Dixon, b 1847 in Alabama
Richard Lewis, b Oct 6, 1851 d Dec 10 1925
Charlie, b April 1855
Ellen Kate, b Jul 8, 1857 d Jan 13, 1938
Samuel, b Jul 8, 1857 d 1894
James, b 1859
Emma, b unk
Mary Elizabeth Lucy, b 12 Sept 1862 d 1 May 1908

Martha J. or Marttie) was James's wife.

On the 1850 census the last name is spelled NAISH.

The last census I can find Mary Francis on is the Alabama 1900 census when she was living with Lucy in Shelby County.
John died in 1899 (according to widows pension), but I can not find a cemetery that has his name. If you happen to stumble upon ANY information about them, please let me know. We (my father, uncle and I) have been looking for them and are stumped as to what may have happened.
Happy Nash hunting! :)
Cyndi Nash

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions