Search for content in message boards

Paul-Green-Brice-Ellis-Mcdowell

Paul-Green-Brice-Ellis-Mcdowell

Posted: 5 Sep 2012 8:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Paul-Brice-Green-Ellis-McDowell
My grandfather RL Brice was a product of Annie Lee Paul and the story that we were told was he was conceived by the white landowner named "McDowell"...I am looking for information on anyone who would know if there was a McDowell family that owned land in 1916 timeframe.

Re: Paul-Green-Brice-Ellis-Mcdowell

Posted: 6 Sep 2012 12:56AM GMT
A book of maps "Family Maps of Bienville Parish, Louisiana" shows the original land patents. I looked at the entries for Brice--several names with parcels 1837 to 1853. Several Pauls (last name Paul) with parcels 1882 to 1906. McDowells--4 names, two are 1856 and 1860, but the ones you are probably most interested in are Millard McDowell, a land patent of 40 acres in Sect. 4, T15N R8W in 1908, and Walter McDowell, 40 acres in Sect. 2, T17N R8W in 1919. The latter was just over the line in Webster Parish.

Re: Paul-Green-Brice-Ellis-Mcdowell

Posted: 6 Sep 2012 11:46AM GMT
Thank you....I think one of them may be my ancestor..My grandfather was really light skinned. His mother married a Brice and my grandfather took his name.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions