William Irwin

Posted: 6 Feb 2010 9:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Irwin
This post was deleted by the author on 6 Feb 2012 9:22PM GMT

Re: William Irwin

Posted: 11 Feb 2010 4:01PM GMT
Could you give some dates as to when these two Williams lived. Also, are you writing from Ireland?

I am looking for more information on my gggg grandfather William Irwin and his father who I also think was a William Irwin. My gggg grandfather William married a Rachel Morrison. He was born in Ireland and lived there until he and his father, possibly, came to America. He was born around 1720 and died in 1774 in PA. Could we be talking about the same William Irwin?

Thanks,

Anne

Posted: 29 Jan 2011 9:33AM GMT
Surnames: Irwin Nixon
I am actually looking for information about Annie Irwin, born in Ireland in 1810 and married John Nixon in Denton England in 1834. Could this be the same Annie Irwin listed in your family?

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 11:19PM GMT
Hi, I'm from Ireland and in the middle of tracing my family roots. William Irwin is popping up a few times and I'm wondering if it's the same William Irwin. Most of my Irwin family came from Castleblaney in Co. Monaghan. Annie is another name that's coming up too. I'd love to hear from you.

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 12:09AM GMT
Hi, I was just, out of complete curiosity, looking up the meaning of my last name: Irwin, and saw this thread. My husband's name is William Irwin. He was named for his grandfather, of the same name - what I thought was interesting was that there was a Francis in this line as well. This is my father-in-law's name... My husband's father and grandfather have all passed already and we're not real sure just where our line began. I assumed Ireland, with their red hair and all... It's be interesting to see how far back I could follow this. Thanks.

Posted: 23 Mar 2011 2:05PM GMT
Surnames: Erwin, Irwin, Irvine
These names are also in my line but way back in the 1700's. I am looking for the connection between:

William Erwin, born in Ireland before 1711 and died December, 1774 in York Co, Cumberland Twp, PA and

Colonel Arthur Erwin, born in Ireland in 1726 and died June, 1791 in Tioga Point, Luzerne, PA

Colonel Arthur's father was Joseph Erwin (Irvine). Between 1650 and 1690 Joseph lived in Ballynedrentich, Killead Parish, County Antrim, Northern Ireland. He died there in 1771. I have a hunch that Joseph may have been a brother to my William Erwin. William also had a brother named James who lived next door to William in York County, Cumberland Twp, PA prior to William's death in 1774.

My brother has joined the Family Tree DNA study for the ClanIrwin project. He has matched closest to those who descend from Colonel Arthur Erwin. I know my tree from William on down to me and there is no way that we connect to Colonel Arthur below William.

Therefore since William is about the same age as Joseph I was wondering if Joseph had brothers William and James. Please, if any one has any information about this possible connection, contact me.

Anne Irwin
zurwin@macatawa.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic